Bah Humbug It Had To Be Said

To many years alone to have any feelings for Christmas, so I have become the grinch :weary::joy:

7 Likes

why spread misery when this time of year so many are happy?

3 Likes

I’ll join you in your Bah humbug sentiment. I’ll be glad when it’s all over.

4 Likes

I’m just super stressed! :confounded:
Can’t wait for Xmas and New Years to be over too!

4 Likes

I have always passionately hated his holiday. I am trying to be pleasant about it for the sake of my family.

3 Likes

I am abstaining this year for my own mental health. I will be glad when it’s over, too.

3 Likes

My favorite Grinch Quote from Jim Carrey’s version was when he was reading his schedule, and said, that leaves plenty of time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling, and descend slowly into madness. EDIT: Here, I found it:

The nerve of those Whos. Inviting me down there - and on such short notice. Even if I wanted to go my schedule wouldn’t allow it. Four o’clock, wallow in self pity; 4:30, stare into the abyss; 5:00, solve world hunger, tell no one. 5:30, jazzercize. 6:30, dinner with me. I can’t cancel that again. 7:00, wrestle with my self-loathing; I’m booked. Of course, if I bump the loathing to 9 I could still be done in time to lay in bed, stare at the ceiling and slip slowly into madness. But what would I wear?

5 Likes

i like the grinch to be honest haha, i think he is cool :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow, mental illness is really brought on ourselves.

2 Likes

here you can have your picture taken with a rude grinch at the mall

2 Likes

“MAX! Fetch me my sedative!”

[ Eyes re-upped bottle of holiday Ativan ]

:flushed:

2 Likes

I have to admit, I really hate this time of year. I just find it a huge source of stress and misery. I’m telling all my family and friends that I will no longer be celebrating xmas from now on. I’m happy to get together with family for a meal and just enjoy their company, as for the rest of it, Bah Humbug indeed.

3 Likes

The plan for next year is for Mrs. Squirrel and I to be on a beach somewhere warm. Squirrelette is welcome to come. The parents are not.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good plan!

1 Like

YAY! Got the last of the volunteer Santa photos done and mailed out. Now I get to chillax for the rest of the day and binge watch Season 3 of Lucifer.

:blush:

1 Like

That sounds like bad luck to watch this time of year!

Watch it with a light on just in case. Oh and if you like demons check out Krampus some time, that movie is so much more terrifying than it was advertised to be.

1 Like

Only if you’re superstitious. Me, I take my meds.

1 Like

I understand…in recent years i often had the habit of crashing into psychotic depression just before christmas and being in wards during the holidays. It is my standard time to crash. But i seem to avoid it this year, or not fully but enough to avoid obligatory “cosy” christmas dinners in the ward. I do have positive stuff planned this year.

2 Likes

what do your kids do when you are hospitalized?

1 Like

Well, i skipped the hospitalisation thing last year too (hurray), but when i was hospitalised the years before my son was with my parents.

He still lives with my parents, but is often with me by day. I fear that i will have a psychotic break again at night and he will witness it and get harmed. Also, my parents would block him moving back to me if i tried.

1 Like