Back to school

Africans are nice people i know, i have nothing against Africans, i am sure they are very smart from where they come from hell maybe they will go to America, usually when people come over here to the uk from these countries all they are thinking about is how to get into America so i don’t think they will be staying long here anyway, the port at Calais in france is at bursting point and they were thinking about making the camp at Dover on our own home soil so i have no problem with these people.

Fear is a real thing.

I’m white.

I took a course in Black History in 1974 in a small college in Pennsylvania. The guy teaching it, and about everyone in the class, was black. They seemed genuinely glad I was in there learning a subject that was dear to the majority of them.

I found the class pretty friendly and interesting. I wish I had gotten a better grade, however.

As a schizophrenic, I have had lots of odd people problems, I guess. For example, I can drive alone and shop alone and go out to eat alone, but I have real trouble going to the movies alone or to go swimming alone. I guess I figure if I go swimming alone people will be asking questions in their head about me, and that drives me crazy with fear.

Also, I guess I did pal around with two or three black women at one time or another in my life, and I guess I had fears that some stranger would confront us about being an interracial couple. But my actual experience was that the anonymous public was enormously suppotive, although some friends and family and neighbors and acquaintances gave me unwelcome words.

Social interactions are not my strength. Most of my friends like that I take really good care of myself, however.

Jayster

1 Like

Unless you go during a kid swim… more people go swimming alone then with others. All the morning lap swimmers go swimming alone. The evening lap swimmers usually all say… “it’s my “me” time”

If you showed up to an adult swim or lap swim alone… you’d be just like everyone else.