Back on the forum, Need Guidance

Hey all, I used to be on here quite a bit a few years back but my computer went to the trash bin. I got a new computer recently and was looking for some guidance in the areas of romance and break ups. Me and my girlfriend of 4 and a half years recently broke up. I was living with her at the time and now were separated but I still need to get my stuff out of her house before we can be done for good. Now Im slightly depressed about all of this, having a lot of strange voices and derealization, and just need someone to talk to, a helping guiding hand. Any advice on how to move forward would be awesome…thanx

1 Like

Keep your head up, and work on keeping yourself mentally healthy. I’m sorry to read that you had a break up. That is tough. You are going to feel bad, of course. Allow yourself to feel that. Get as much sunshine as you can! Thank you for checking in here. I hope you stay a while and get support. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you I shall

1 Like

Do you have a therapist or friend you can talk to? That will help. Don’t think you won’t ever find someone else who you will want to be with. Sounds like you need to take some time to heal before you start thinking about someone else. Give yourself some time to heal. I needed that too.

1 Like

Hang in there, chum!

I broke up with a gal after a two and a half year relationship.

Then I met my future wife…twin girls…two cats…and a guinea pig later …life is pretty good!

Last I heard my ex was divorced and miserable. Sometimes when you think it’s the very end…well…that’s just a new beginning! :sunny:

2 Likes

I actually don’t have a therapist only a psychiatrist but I was thinking of going back to therapy. Thank you

1 Like

That helps a lot. Honestly Im pretty sure my ex will be miserable she can never be fully happy and always had major issues regarding mentally abusing me, but I loved her anyway, not sure why but I still do love her…Im a dumb person who settles for less I guess

People get comfortable and complacent in relationships…the upshot being they fear change.

You’ll bounce back. Some gal will knock your socks off when you least expect it! Stay positive and look after your affliction issues with your doctor. You’ll pull through this, even better than before…it’ll just take a bit of time.

1 Like

Thank you. That does help

1 Like

Yep! Focus on yourself first! Then you will be ready to find someone else.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.