Schizophrenia.com

Back again

Lord Malvok can be persuasive, so I’m back. 45 year old guy. Married. One kid. Photographer. Computer guy. Live in Alberta, Canada. Some of the older members will figure out who I am from that.

Was diagnosed at age 23. Find my life is better when I’m med-compliant. Taking low dose of Geodon currently. Haven’t been hospitalized for many years. Mostly stable, but some days are better than others.

May appear and disappear sporadically as we are in the midst of geographical and employment changes. If I don’t get back to you right away, don’t take it the wrong way – I’m just dealing with my regular life outside of these forums and will get back to you.

Skimmed some threads and glad to see the old names I remember are hanging in there.

10-96

2 Likes

Hey! Welcome back! How could anyone forget you, hope things have been decent for you. Glad to have you back.

Welcome back. I have thought of you off and on, wondering what your story is these days.

thought i would say hi, i am a new-ish person …and i am am not mad…lol.
take care

Hello back at ya. Nothing wrong with being a bit mad – the most interesting folk usually are. :wink:

10-96

1 Like

hey dude…??? I am hoping this is who I think it is…glad to see you on the forum…are you the one with the computer business?

Surviving. Weight has crept up on me. Trying to find the motivation to do something about that. Really messed up my back and legs (squatting down for shots) while photographing a wedding this past weekend, so it will be a few days until I’m back out walking.

My wife is still teaching. I quit the school bus driving job as the politics were getting to me (miss the bus and the kids, but little else). Have been putting more energy into my media business and I’m slowly getting results. Been a busy month for me. Have also added DJing to my repertoire. Used to do it in a serious way before I sobered up, but I stayed away from it for 2+ decades out of fear of having a slip with booze. Have acquired an excellent mixing board and I’m sounding as good with digital files as I ever did mixing vinyl.

So I think that’s my life. What’s everyone else up to?

10-96

The one who used to have a computer business before they got so cheap to buy that they were no longer worth fixing. :slight_smile:

10-96

1 Like

Relatively decent, I think. And you?

10-96

Welcome back old friend!

Hey Welcome back :smile:

Doing better after a rough last year.

1 Like

Welcome back. :smile:

I think you’ll end up liking this place. It has a different vibe than the old forums. A lot of the old wars are over and the trolls long gone.

2 Likes

This month it will be 5 years that I’ve been at my janitor job. A personal record for length of time at the same job. My online class is just winding down, two more papers to go plus the final. Still living on my own. I just joined a depression support group even though I’m on anti-depressants. Still clean and sober, just taking everything one day at a time.

2 Likes

That’s an outstanding accomplishment! Congrats! I had to ditch the school bus driving job. Had to pull our kid from that school as it was falling apart and she wasn’t getting a good education. That, in turn, made the workplace politics just horrible to deal with. Didn’t need the stress so I quit. Lasted 1.5 years. Think you’ve got me beat!

10-96

Welcome Back - you can now access the forums from your smartphone or tablet - so its easier to check in!

1 Like

As I see it this isn’t true.

That’s because you see trolls everywhere.

I see trolls when other people over look them, or are too ingorant to notice them.

If a troll gets no attention, is it a troll?