Back, again

I keep coming and going for long periods. I suffered a couple breaks but they increased my meds and I am doing better.

Today I went to my first Schizophrenia Annonymous meeting. It was encouraging and it made me realize I should give the forum another try. (Any one else attend SA meetings?)

Anyhow, how was everyone else’s day?

1 Like

Hi Val,

Welcome back. Glad to hear they have you in a better place meds wise. I am the same, I had quite a long break from the forum but came back a while ago.

I tried a similar sort of meeting thing last week. Didn’t go to well for me. There were too many people and I was pretty nervous.

There was this out-reach worker who came in on his day off to make sure I was ok, as it was the first time I’d ever tried something like that. I was grateful for that, but I found I wasn’t able to concentrate.

Hi FadetoBlack,

Sorry the meeting didn’t go well. I was blessed to only have a few people at my meeting. I get horribly anxious around large groups too.

Thanks for the welcome back!

1 Like

No worries

This guy wants me to join a closed group in October. I am seriously considering it, as this will be about 8 people I think.

I was just completely burned out from the one I tried. The topic was anxiety, and every one was focusing on their problems, but no one seemed to have any solutions - which was what I wanted to hear was how to cope better.

Anyway, hope you stick around :slight_smile:

1 Like

I used to go to a “hearing voices” group. I also went to a NAMI group too. They were both helpful.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.