Azley's Sobriety Check-In

had a beer tonight, sorry :frowning:

i drink very moderately though

1 Like

Best wishes. I’m a gal in the struggle.

1 Like

You should try to figure out what feeling/s draw you to drinking alcohol.
Whether it’s boredom, reckless,peer pressure,acceptance,avoid other feelings, and so on.
Then figure out a positive way to transmute those feelings

1 Like

Lol all of the above.

Just even hanging out with my friends when they’re drinking and the like.

Had a beer tonight. Roomate is doing a show so i am downtown but I’ve only got 7 bucks on me and I’m feeling more like keeping it.

Definitely slipped up yesterday… sort of worth it in the end… really wasn’t at the same. Met another chick… we just means more temptation to drink… Told me when she works (shes a bartender across the street) shits to much fun lol.

1 Like

Curious to know @Azley, what are your reasons for giving up alcohol?

Money… and health.

I can just barely squeeze through each month… drinking and living it up… but it just doesn’t go anywhere.

At this point I just want a more respectable lifestyle… It leaves me feeling discouraged and at times unbelonging in certain areas or around certain people.

Like I still want to pull off the whole american dream thing… House, wife, good job that doesn’t totally stress me out. I won’t have any of that if I’m drinking myself broke every weekend.

2 Likes

I went from drinking a pint of vodka or 6 glasses of wine a night for years to nothing. One day I just stopped.

1 Like

I can pull off the hard stops… but I can’t commit to them. My days are filled with a lot of running around.

Like right now I’m at an open mic night for a friend. So yeah… pressure is on me just to kill time.

You sober now Azley?

Trying to be… keep getting stuck in public places.

You need Benzos and be private.

I don’t take any APs currently

alright… past 2 am here. I successfully did not get drunk tonight ;). Was struggling since I went to my feiends open mic night… Locked myself in behind some video games instead.

1 Like

checking in again… another night no booze… might skip friday and let myself go out on sunday instead. that’ll give me the experience of 6 days sober… which is meant to be my new routine.

1 Like

I used to go 4 to 6 weeks at a time between drinking for one night. Then that became every 9 months.

You’ll prob eventually stretch out from 6 days to 2 weeks and so on.

1 Like

yeah I gotta cut way back… I think once a week is fine. It’s all about being mostly sober… if I can’t keep that in line in the long run. Then I’ll have to re-evaluate things.

I already do sense a greater amount of comfort staying in. Going to start working out again tomorrow… that’ll keep it less sedentary. Had to take a few days break from that because I was getting worked over by bodily stress.

1 Like

yeah if it doesnt affect your mental health much at once a week then its really not a huge deal.

you just gotta find things that peak your interest that dont involve drinking all the time.

i cant drink really because it causes mood cycling for me.

it also took me a long time to be strong enough to say no when people would ask me to drink with them or offer me alcohol.

1 Like

It does take a lot of strength. That’s half of my battle for sure. The other half is finding better ways to spend my time.

Daily weights does a lot to curb my need to go out… Like might as well wait a couple of weeks if this is what I’m doing…Give it a little more time to pay off. Also just getting physical activity does a lot to prevent me from feeling like a lazy sack-o-■■■■.

1 Like

its 1233 am… haven’t drank and won’t be doing so… so here it is… 4th consecutive night no drinking.

Things are a bit different… my stress comes in with more clarity… but it’s harder to negotiate.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.