Avoid places where they laughed at you?

It’s been bothering me ever since my last psychosis. I didn’t know I was sick back then. But I was going to a bar just downstairs acting nuts and there were 17 year old kids there. One of them was particularly cruel and made fun of me. He yelled laughing that I am crazy and I need to go to psychiatry. Ever since he says “hi” to me when he meets me but I feel terrible. I think of starting to take another road home so I don’t pass next to them. Plus back then I was thin and hot and now I look like a whale. I am sure they know I am mentally ill. But I don’t need reminders :frowning:

5 Likes

I am very sad this happens to you.I hope every decision you make helps you now,I don’t believe psychiatric diagnosis is forever.I believe it can be treated and cured

1 Like

No one likes to be remembered for their worst times. If you feel that emotionally uncomfortable around him then yes avoid contact.

I see nothing wrong with not engaging in things that make us feel bad.

One day the guy will probably move or stop coming around. Or you may even move on to a better apartment yourself. It wont last forever.

3 Likes

Thanks, Macy,
It’s true what you say. I tried to communicate with them after I was stabilized but it didn’t work. They’re just nasty and lazy kids. And I have exposed myself there A LOT! I don’t believe I will be moving any time soon, but I truly hope karma will close the bar!

3 Likes

I wish you luck my man some people can be real assholes

5 Likes

I avoid places where people have hated me, not laughed at me. I don’t go to those places anymore. And my life is a million times better now. Avoid the haters.

4 Likes

i use to think anybody that laughed about anything was laughing at me and that was including the tv and radio :confused:

now i’m like ‘laugh and let the whole world laugh with you’ type of philosophy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Words to live by, but sometimes that is impossible. About all you can do is hunker down and be miserable for a while. If it’s a comfort, you can think what a sorry person that guy is, and pray that someone slashes the tires on his car.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.