Avenged sevenfold vs Metallica

Avenged seems to be aging like a fine wine while metallica has become hated due to their doucheness…

Avenged also has one of the stronger guitarists…I can’t wait for their new album… Anyone else wanna weigh in on these heavy hitters?

Don’t know much about metal. My mate is into crazy Norwegian black metal - that shiz is extreme. Have got some early Metallica.

Norway has embraced its metal to the point of the president asking a black metal band to re do their national anthem…they have a brutaly awesome hobby I can’t mention due to its a touchy subject…but they win the award for most brutal country…

I love avenged sevenfold. One of my favorite bands. I enjoy listening to them more than Metallica

1 Like

Don’t know much of avenged sevenfold work, so I have to go with

The vocals from my last band said Metallica’s last work was great, he’s into hardcore mainly and some metal, but I’ve still to check it out. Guess I’m gonna do it now…

i grew up listening to metallica, I had a bunch of metallica cds stolen my sophomore year of high school. I don’t really care for their new stuff but the older stuff is awesome.

“one”, “seek and destroy”, most of Metallica’s early work kills anything done by Avenged Sevenfold…I vote for Metallica.

Oh no doubt…but comparing their whole body of work vs avengeds…one is getting better and one has gone to crap…although I’ve heard Metallica’s newest single and it seems like they are trying to go back to their older style…it just seems too little too late…

Although I disagree with you its really just a matter of personal preference…and no opinion is more valid than any other…

Although maybe I’m being too harsh on them due to their personal attitudes and not giving them enough credit as the ground breaking band they were…

1 Like

Here’s Metallica’s newest I think… its pretty heavy can’t lie…

1 Like

Here’s avenged last single but again they have a new album that will come out later this year…and we will have new vs new to compare…I think this last album came out in 2013

There are fewer songs I like by these two bands than most of the metal bands I like.

Metallica, I like Harvester of Sorrow, Sad But True, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Fade to Black, this one song from MOP, cant remember, but for A7x I really like So Far Away and Unbound (Wild Ride).

I agree…tbh both bands are sellouts…old avenged was much harder than they are now…its just harder for me to like metallica due to Lars…he might be the biggest douche in music…also losing the rev has hurt avenged he was an amazing drummer…but sinister gates has honed his craft to the point of being one of my favorite guitarists…right behind Adam d of killswitch…

I am not too familiar with Avenged Sevenfold, but I was kind of into Metallica because of my ex wife.

Beatles. The Who.

Bah…how bout some john Lee hooker…old blues…original wrote one burbon one scotch one beer…very influential despite his poor recognition…

I’m all for Avenged. RIP the REV forever!

2 Likes