Australians on the dsp

Any Australians on the dsp here?
I’m trying to get on. I have just lodged my forms and evidence what happens next? What’s the processing times like?

1 Like

I am on dsp but I’ve been on it except for a brief period from 2004. It was probably easier then and I’m unsure about the modern application process.

Be patient. Document everything and if you can have backup from a good shrink it helps. My doctor has been really good and he’s such a hardass. Important to keep on top of correspondence and I guess prove how it is hard to work!

Good luck to you. In the old days diagnosed sz was enough evidence to go on dsp… Times have changed.

I am on disability pension and I’m a Aussie.

I was rejected the first time when I said I only have Aspergers but approved the second time when I said I have schizophrenia.

My mum thinks I have Aspergers and she thinks that’s all I have so I did the first application as my mum told me to not disclosing schizophrenia which my mum refuses to accept I have.

Second time I did it without my mum and mentioned I have been diagnosed as schizophrenic by over seven psychiatrist.

I was so happy to be approved because it helps me so much.

It was so stressful for me having to go to employment agencies etc and just before I was hospitalised last time I was made to do a housekeeping course and I was to sick to do it but my employment agency didn’t understand that and told me to do it and I was hospitalised then.

1 Like

I have been on it since 2003 basically because I(have osteoarthritis in my neck. My son recently got DSP. It took nearly 3 months but he got back pay. He has mental problems so it can be done.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.