Auditory processing (Food for thought)

[quote]Did you know your right and left ears process sound differently?

The left hemisphere of the brain dominates over the right in processing different sounds. Specifically, the left hemisphere dominates in processing rapidly changing sounds such as in speech, and the right hemisphere dominates in processing prolonged tones such as in music.

However, the processing of sound actually begins in our ears, before sound reaches the brain. Because the right ear connects to the brain’s left hemisphere, it’s the dominant ear for processing rapidly changing sounds, and vice versa, the left ear dominates in processing prolonged tones.

This could mean some significant changes in the design of hearing devices, but only time will tell what the real implications for this finding are.[/quote]

From: http://indianapublicmedia.org/amomentofscience/right-ear-left-ear/

Food for thought. I stumbled into this thinking by finding a reduction in the head noise just based on having on ear plug in my right ear. My voices have auditory triggers and never really go away. So I looked into it and found this real quick.

I’m not making to much sense of it beyond the left ear being closer to auditory processing so it has a slightly higher rate of communication which means better feedback. The right ear on the other hand has a proportionally much farther distance to send signals through. This is speculation, but it would make sense that the brain/evolution finds it more effective to rely primarily on the left ear for long term connectedness to the environment and the right ear is used for more frequently changing things or new sounds.

How that ties into my voices being quieted by plugging the right ear… I’m not coming up with anything. However it could all just be placebo.

" Because the right ear connects to the brain’s left hemisphere, it’s the dominant ear for processing rapidly changing sounds"

The rapidly changing does reflect the nature of my voices. Though they also interact with my will inside. My thoughts and will morph the voices from one form to another and they change what they say to keep dicking with me.

Alright then, that’s all. Azley, signing off.

3 Likes

That’s cool that you found an alternative way to reduce voices. We learned about senses in some of my psych and neuroscience classes. Interesting stuff.

1 Like

Ah! It’s @anna:slight_smile: honestly didn’t recognize you at first.

Hey it’s working pretty well. There is a lot less noise and cognitive interchange. One plug in one ear doesn’t lead to the dissociation I get from having both in for too long.

Screaming in left ear dream bus over left foot

All Femina

If you’re right it’s male

Yeah good response @Daze

too bad you’re dealing with hatred

That’s interesting! My voices have always been/are into my right ear. I wonder is that’s why…

1 Like

And then promotion for hatred

That’s how it works

You didn’t recognize me? You’re the one who keeps changing your username :stuck_out_tongue: took me like 10 years to realize who you were lol

1 Like

lol

@daze appears[quote=“Hedgehog, post:6, topic:66451”]
My voices have always been/are into my right ear.
[/quote]

Seems more plausible… crossing the brain would probably expose the signals to more interaction with the cerebellum. I couldn’t find a precise diagram… but from what I read it would seem they might not have isolated it yet.

Interesting selective hearing becomes rout

Hahaha

quit demanding attention daze…

1 Like

Can I get some shake shake with you as an ass?

did someone say food! now I’m hungry!! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: :dark_sunglasses:

this is a food thread… right? :disappointed_relieved:

poo poo on you

feed dat troll

feed dat troll tha poo poo

Thanks Bryan

Always count on you to set it straight