Auditory pareidolia - Not sure if I have schizophrenia

Yes exactly. I believed mine because I was actually getting followed in real life by the IRA so mine was a mix of real world stuff and hallucinations (which I still doubt they were) which was horrible. However, towards the end of hearing voices I challenged them to turn up the volume of the voice if they were real but they couldn’t.

You thought that bad people were transmitting voices into your head? I saw a youtube video where many people in a town thought the government was doing this to them. It’s a conspiracy theory for sure and probably a delusion but I know nobody is transmitting my voices because when I went to Europe I still had the voices and that would probably be out of range of transmission.

1 Like

Okay, sure, a mentally well person may hear mumbling or something in the mall and think it’s from the crowd, but mentally well people don’t hear voices in the air conditioner and come to the conclusion that they’re talking to spirits. I know you don’t want to be schizophrenic, but that’s just not a logical thought pattern.

No I had no idea who the voices were until they told me they were from the IRA (or bad people)

Well you don’t have to have delusions to have sz. And I don’t think I have any delusions as a result of D2 receptor activity. You obviously don’t believe in spirits and think that’s totally delusional but there’s a ton of mentally well people who believe in spirits. I’m not exactly fully mentally well per se but I’m close and if you spent time with me and didn’t know I might have sz then you just wouldn’t know. There’s nothing about how I act that’s out of the ordinary. I’m just a normal person outside of hearing voices. I’m not afraid to say it’s sz but I’m just saying there’s a chance it’s just auditory pareidolia because I’m in much better shape than most with sz. Something just doesn’t fit about my illness compared to the rest of you. Maybe I’m just on the end of the spectrum.

The Irish Republican Army? I find it hard to believe that they were following you and transmitting voices into your head. But it could be possible idk.

1 Like

Oh they were definently following me. My cousin is in it and he told me I was in danger. It’s pretty normal here in Ireland for someone to know someone in the IRA or provisional IRA (a split group from the official IRA, and which my cousin is in) I insulted a commander. I’m not sure if they could transmit voices. I’m 75% 25% for believeing it wasn’t real.

1 Like

A poll of 1000 by huffpost/yougov says that 45% of them believe in spirits. Are 45% of people delusional and mentally unwell?

i think you were paranoid and stressed about them following you and your voices since you were thinking about the IRA started saying they were from the IRA. I find it hard to believe transmitting voices is possible.

2 Likes

That’s what I’m stuck on. I can’t remember fully if they said they were from the IRA or if I felt they were the IRA.i think I may have felt it. Also I do remember at the very start I heard a voice from a physical man saying don’t mess with the IRA so they were in my mind. I dono

1 Like

Are they still following you? That would be stressful. Now my voices are saying they are from the IRA. Lol. I live in America.

1 Like

Really?? What exactly are the saying to you, are they giving you specifics?? It was really stressful, gave me sz. No it’s all over now it finished in 2018

I never said that you did. However, we were discussing your claim that you didn’t have delusions. I was saying that I think you do.

You don’t know me, and you don’t know anything about me. You haven’t even given me a goddamn chance to be someone you can lean on. No one ever does. Tell me that if I pushed harder in defending myself that you wouldn’t have called me belligerent, said I was looking for a fight, flagged me.

Believing in spirits and believing that spirits are communicating with you through your ceiling fan are not the same thing. And what kind of question is that? How exactly do they define “spirits?” Where did they get their sample from?

Guys, you’re delusion confirming for each other. Come on. Please. Don’t get yourselves tangled up in a shared delusion.

If he tells me his voices are giving him specifics about the IRA it would mean my voices are not real because it’s possible voices can do that. That is not delusion confirming?

They aren’t really giving specifics. They are just repeating “I’m from the IRA.” since I read what you were saying and they think it’s funny to try and convince me they are from the IRA too. Not that they are real, anyways. I live in America so there’s no way they are from the IRA.

So what if his voices aren’t giving him specifics? What would that mean? And what about his possible delusions? How would thinking the IRA wasn’t following you because your voices are too broad do anything for him other than make him start to wonder if his illness was caused by the IRA?

Well if they aren’t giving him specifics they obviously know nothing about the IRA and hence aren’t real. He knows it’s not caused by the IRA.

First off, I’d like to apologize for making assumptions about you. I’m sorry. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree about whether mentally well people can think voices are spirits. As for my delusions, the only ones I’ve had (that I no longer hold, even though the medication is not fully working for me right now) is believing the voices were spirits and believing they could kill me or my family when they threatened to. I don’t get any other delusions and really these were delusions based on hearing the voices themselves and not just some out of the blue delusion like it seems most people get.

1 Like

Wow. Thank you. It’s okay. I suppose we all make assumptions sometimes. Just human nature, I guess.

If someone who was mentally well heard a random run of the mill hallucination, and said it was a spirit, then I’d be inclined to believe them. There are things that exist in this world that we don’t yet have definitive proof of. However, a mentally well person who heard voices from their ceiling fan or whatever only when the fan was on would be unlikely to just assume that the voices were spirits and that they were some sort of medium. I’m not saying that it could never happen, but I think that it’s unlikely. When people panic over stuff like that, they tend to think that they have a physical illness that might kill them. That’s what I meant when I said that your thought pattern was illogical.

1 Like