Auditory hallucinations when i am alone

I hear people I know in real life (or DID know, and have passed away) talking to me all the time.

They tell me things about myself, sometimes they are mean or judgmental things and other times the things they are saying are very encouraging to me. I only hear the people when I am completely alone and it makes me uncomfortable sometimes because they can be so loud on some days.
On other days, I spend as much time as I can in the mornings trying to piece together my dreams from the night before. I think there are important messages that I need to know hidden in the words I hear when I am alone and also in my dreams and my nightmares.

Doesn’t everyone though? I mean, even people without Schizophrenia decode their dreams in those dream dictionary things, right?

For me, I have to make sure I keep a balance/a reign on my beliefs, etc. “Normal” people can believe whatever they want and go to church every day and pray for hours, etc. That’s all part of the perks of being without mental disfunction. Because I have sz, I don’t have all those perks, so to speak. I can’t delve into my faith/religion as fervently as I used to, or as I’d like, because my mind takes it to a level that is unhealthy for me. I can only speak for myself, but I would just caution about getting too wrapped up in what your voices and dreams/nightmares are telling you. I like to think about whether something is necessary, beneficial, or whether it leads to obsession and potential harm. Balance is super important.

1 Like

I hear voices every day. I have nightmares every week. I have a nurse I am going to talk to about these things.

The great potato smiles upon your thoughts…that means i like it…