At what time do you take your first dose of your antipsychotic?

I used to take my first dose of Risperdal at 8am or so - first thing in the morning.
I then switched the first dose at 10am, but I think that this is too late for me.
I became very agitated before the first dose at 10am - but felt calmer after I took the Risperdal.
Was very agitated for like 2 hours before the Risperdal - this is way too long.

I think that I might have to take my first dose earlier - first thing in the morning again.
God I wish my damned pdoc would call me back - I think that I may have to press 1 on the telephone for urgent - cant handle this for much too longer :confounded:

I take 3 separate doses all together - my last dose is at 9pm - 3 mg total

I was on 20mg of Olanzapine, but reduced my dose down to 10mg a few months ago. I take it about 10pm every night, but since lowering the dose, I find I hallucinate in the early evening and start getting ideas. That said, I have not taken them for the past two days, as I want to see if I can cope without them. So far so good. Last year I went cold turkey on 20mg and I have never felt so physically ill in my life, which was after four days, so I went straight back on a 10mg dose. I am hoping this time I can come off them and see if I can do without - which I did before they decided to label me.

1 Like

I take abilify at 10pm. I think it’s very important to take it at the same time everyday. Taking it in the morning isn’t an option as I don’t get up at the same time every morning.

1 Like

@Wave
Good luck and hang in there. It’s not easy… but you do see her tomorrow? I hope you guys can get this sorted soon. I can’t go until 10:00 a.m. either. Far too late for me.

I take my first dose first thing… (5:30 a.m.) as I’m getting up… getting into my clothes… starting my morning coffee…

The hallucinations like to act up in the morning. But the sneaky brained thinking likes to act up at night.

I take my second dose with lunch. My last dose is about 2 hours before I go to bed. around 10:30 more or less.

I’m rooting for you to feel better soon.

1 Like

Thanks J, no I see her in about a week or so - I may mark the phone call as urgent and leave another message with her tomorrow - going to try taking my first dose of Risperdal first thing in the morning, see if this helps

1 Like

I take mine at 6 am.

1 Like

I take my invega in the morning before I take my daughter to school about 630 am. I just started tegretol and I did take one in the morning and one at night but I’m going to have to switch it to the night because it makes me sleepy.

1 Like

i take mine at 4:30 am when I wake up each morning before coffee.

1 Like

How do you all get up so early, my meds knock me out completely.

2 Likes

I live with my sister and she has an early morning shift. So when she’s up getting ready for work… it wakes me up. Plus… if I get up when she does… she makes me breakfast. :egg: :blush:

2 Likes

I take my Abilify at 20:30.

1 Like

I take my Geodon with breakfast and dinner. I wake up crazy and then eat breakfast and take it immediately.

No fun.

Pain. Insane. Temporary. Permanent? Dammit.

I once smoked a strain of cannabis called “this is permanent”, then smoked a bowl of “they’re coming! They’re coming!” Followed by a hit from a blunt of “gorilla panic”

1 Like

I decided to take some of my Klonopin first thing in the morning instead - 10 am is early enough for my first dose of risperdal

The first anti psychotic I take is Seroquel, and I take it in the morning, first thing when I wake up, right when I eat breakfast.

1 Like

I have been taking my Invega 6mg at 1115pm with food. I also take my Lithium 300 mg at the same time. I take 300mg of Lithium with breakfast also for a total of 600 mg a day. I take the Invega at bedtime because it was the pdoc said to do. He said take it with food because it would work better. But, now I believe it wakes me up! I haven’t really slept in weeks. It’s 300am EDT and I am mostly wide awake. I see the pdoc next week. I see my therapist Thursday. I will ask them if I should tae the Invega in the am instead of pm. I don’t want to take ambiem or valium or whatever to sleep. I don’t want to messed up. I am beginning to learn how very sensitive I am to medications. Invega works pretty good for me; except for the insomnia stuff and I can’t stop thinking. It’s not racing thoughts. It’s thoughts and ideas that don’t stop coming in my brain/head/mind. At least, I don’t feel like I’m in a sleepy fog like I felt on Seroquel.

1 Like

I take 400mg of amisulpride and 5mg olanzapine in the morning with breakfast, around 9am, and 200mg of amisulpride at night around 9pm.

1 Like