Schizophrenia.com

At what point

Do you just don’t give a damn?

3 Likes

I’ve hit that point a few times. Sometimes just crawling into bed is the only solution. Things usually look better in the morning

1 Like

I do the best I can with my deck of cards. Until I get a joker. Then I just flip off switch and go home.

1 Like

I’ve about given up now that I have arthritis and hurt most of the time. I’m just happy if I make it to my psychiatric care provider a couple of times a week. They want me to go to LabCorp for blood work, but it’s going to be too much for me to go there. I getting to the point I’ll not be able to make it to the doctor anymore.

1 Like

1986-1990, when I was addicted to crack. It was the most important thing in my life.

When I got help, being clean was the most important thing.

Now I need to stop giving a damn about a lot of things.

4 Likes

I feel like that with my fear of hell. It bugs me so much that I just write down I don’t give a flying ■■■■. I also write that life is short and death is eternal, however that helps.

1 Like

I have paranoid delusions and fears. Most people think its irrational. I live day to day. Faith is most important to me.

2 Likes

I don’t have a full deck of cards. Im working on it.

3 Likes

I feel not long after you accept the diagnosis you stop caring about much. But then you get phases of hope because of improving health and that brings back the questioning of the diagnosis and prognosis which then removes the don’t care attitude and you start worrrying about whatever you are facing.

I guess it’s a periodic cycle, just as normal neurotypical people would experience, but more pronounced for psychotic illness patients? And other health condition patients too.

2 Likes

I don’t give a damn about anything other than what I’m doing, when I feel well.

I know a ton about politics and economics and such, but I’ve learned to literally stop thinking about it and do the thing I have to. Well, not “learned”, but I’ve healed my brain to the extent that I can work for hours without stress now.

3 Likes

I’ve been there before, but it’s good to have something you care about you know?

2 Likes

Drug commercials ha. If you take this you may die.

1 Like

I’ve gotten to the point where I just don’t give a f*ck.

3 Likes

i have had moments where i didn’t give a damn anymore but things got better for me and now i’m better i think… i care about things again…

2 Likes

I’ve had paranoia 3 days in a row now. A lot of it is caused by living at home with my dad. He just intimidates me. Today I just feel like giving up. No matter what I do I still get paranoia. Doesn’t matter if I drink alcohol or not. That’s why usually I just drink. Although that ends up being bad cause I get paranoid that my dad will find out even if I only have one beer

2 Likes

@Manny I can relate sometimes LOL. That Outlook is both a blessing and a curse, depending on what time it is

That’s the way it it feels for me anyway

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.