At what age did you lose your youthful enthusiasm? or do you still have it?

i lost mine at about 33, it was a result of meds, and my new living situation mostly. how bout you?

2 Likes

I still have it when im around Kids but not all the timw

2 Likes

I still have it.

2 Likes

Lost it about the time of my onset, when I was 15. I’m pretty apathetic about life now. I only want a few things out of life.

2 Likes

I think I can still be enthusiastic, but I have lost my youthful naivity, which is similar I guess.

2 Likes

I think around 38 to 39.

2 Likes

Meh.
I’ve been screwed up as long as I can remember.
I lost my youthful enthusiasm age 18.

Furthermore I lost my faith in humanity at 19 — sick n tired of the ‘players’ and ‘haters’ and little hoodlum psychos with gangster hierarchy, warfare, etc.

2 Likes

15 but i rekindled it age 28 and its been coming back more and more eveer since, still working on it though :slight_smile:

1 Like

I lost it quite recently like in the last 2 years. I’m 51 now.

1 Like

Lost it when I got put on meds

1 Like

I lost it a long ass time ago.

1 Like

I was 10 when I learned that humans can be monsters

2 Likes

I still have enthusiasm and a zest for life, it’s just that it has matured a bit along with me. There are things I would no longer think of doing, but still plenty left that I want to try.

:blush:

2 Likes

you lose your youthful enthusiasm someone lost theirs ? Ok let me check my lost and found box in this forum :slight_smile: JK…
I still got mine, but I also have a weird sense of humor at time as well…

2 Likes

Im not sure i was ever allowed an oppurtunity for it to build up and stabalize well enough.

2 Likes

The past 2 years have been a setback for me. From 2016-2018 I was working and doing well. Prior to 2016 I was not doing well at all. And since 2018, I’ve given up on working anymore. It’s just not a goal of mine any longer. I’m diligent about taking my meds and am using a workbook in conjunction with my therapist to learn CBT to make my life a little less bleak. As long as I can get by with popping pills and maintaining a sense of emotional regulation, I can live with that.

2 Likes

I’m still enthusiastic about many things, including learning more about things like science and philosophy.

It really is the little things in life that count. Like a cream soda with ice, and my handsome tuxedo kitty laying on my lap. :wink:

3 Likes

I lost mine at age 51, when my 30 year old son died, who had p.sz.

2 Likes

As soon as I went on these ■■■■■■■ stupid medications that I love lol

2 Likes

Age 40
Maybe 42

2 Likes