At what age did you learn to swim , or can't you swim?

At what age did you learn to swim , or can’t you swim? At what age did you learn to swim , or can’t you swim? Although described as poorly coordinated I first learnt to swim at the beach at Pataya when I was 6. I mainly swim slow breaststroke , very occasionally doing front crawl. I swim with my head above water. I don’t like swimming underwater.

• Under 5
  • 5-9
  • 10-14
  • 15-18
  • 19+
  • Never learnt

0 voters

Does doggy paddle count

1 Like

In an outdoor pool in Saudi Arabia at aged 4

1 Like

Swimming is the only sport I really like, spent a lot of time in the water

they throw in the middle of the pool.

Never learned. Was trying to in my teens, but then I had a traumatic experience that made me not want to anymore.

I learned when I was little but last time i went swimming I almost drowned hehe

About 6 and certified scuba at 16. I’ve always been a water rat.

1 Like

I love swimming. I love water. I am afraid to go far at the beach but I know how to swim.

1 Like

I can dog paddle or get around underwater but I was never able to learn how to swim properly. They tried to teach me the proper technique in high school but I just couldn’t co-ordinate the kicking, the proper arm movements and the breathing. The breathing was the hardest part of it; I could be doing the other things right but every time I turned my head to breath I swallowed water and lost my momentum. But not knowing how to swim the correct way never stopped me from body-surfing in the ocean a million times when me and my friends went to the beach every chance we got. Drink a beer, smoke a joint, and go dive in the ocean.

2 Likes

My sister and I learned together. I learned at 11 and she at age 9. I haven’t been swimming in many, many years now. But, swimming is something you never forget how to do.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.