As I can't quit smoking I hide it

Like a closet alcoholic I hide my tabbacco smoking. I told everyone I quit this year. So, nobody sees me ever smoking again. I do it secretly.

1 Like

I hope I don’t come across as being mean, but you can’t hide cigarette smoking Dunno as the smell gives it away every time.

It wasn’t until I gave up smoking myself that I realised just how overpowering and putrid the smell of cigarettes is to those that don’t smoke.
It lingers and deoderants and perfumes won’t hide it.

If being a closet smoker cuts down the amount of smoking you do then that is a good thing I suppose, but you are kidding yourself if you think people don’t know you smoke.

I don’t understand why you as an adult would feel you have to hide your smoking. Who are you hiding it from?

2 Likes

Part of the antismoking propaganda we forced or conned into saying to everyone we don’t like smoking and want to quit. That happened to me. I love smoking I don’t want to quit. When I want to quit and dislike cigarettes it would be easy to quit. Tell a sportsguy to quit his sport cause he could get a heartattack or concussions or joint pain later in life. When someone dislike sports he won’t do sports. When someone likes doing sport the one will do it and find a way to exercise. I need to hide it from cause I been conned in to promise. I don’t want to be a liar to these people.

2 Likes

I loved smoking too Dunno and the only reason I gave up was because I needed to save money for my teeth. Everyday I feel like going back to it.

My mother would write coffin nails on my cigarette packets and hounded me for years to give up, but I wouldn’t. No one was going to tell me what to do.

You will give up if and when you are ready. No need to hide it as that is a lie in itself.

1 Like

It fills a void like any addictions. It’s human nature. I am heartbroken for example. Unfulfilled love, no home to settle in, disturbed upbringing, permanent exposure to bullies, the promotion orgasm is evil.

1 Like

@Sarah called it. Sorry, but we nonsmokers can smell you smokers five minutes before you turn the corner.

Sarah, tagine suggestion: Que Sera Sarah.

2 Likes

Love the tagline. I’m a huge Doris Day fan.

2 Likes

That’s a good tagline.

Always reminds me of “The Man Who Knew Too Much”.

Great movie.

3 Likes

@anon4362788 can you change my tagline to “Que Sera Sarah” as suggested by velociraptor.

Thank you.

2 Likes

There you go. Enjoy.

3 Likes

My dad smoked all is life. He died from fourth heart attack.

2 Likes

Well, if you wanna hide it, at least you dont smoke in public or with others…

1 Like

It’s true that the smell can’t be masked. Non smokers know you’re lying because they can smell it on you.

1 Like

I tell them they have sensory hallucinations and should see a psychiatrist and take medication :pill: :thinking:.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.