Artificial heart

Washing machene water pump can pump blood into the veins. Why do people die in heart conditions?

Because of arrhythmia

This is mostly conjecture on my part. A heart does not pump at a steady pace I believe. It needs to be responsive to the needs of the body so there would almost have to be a set of logical and possibly complex algorithms behind the device. And anytime you get into that arena, there is sustainability to worry about. If your smart phone goes kaput it just means you can’t send your friend a picture of your chicken sandwich. If your heart has a glitch you die.

So because of this heart transplants using human or pig donors is still much more feasible.

Actually I’ve had about 200 aborted heart attacks and am alive

Even water pumps in washing machines fail! These days there’s so much good stuff they do on the circulatory system that it’s improving outcomes for a lot of people.

A washing machine pump would likely shred white and red blood cells. Blood pressure also has to be within certain ranges or you stroke. This is a good friend of mine who I have photographed with in the past. While he is advancing how people with LVADs live, it’s still a helluva way to live:

Credit to Larrie as he’s doing so well with the LVAD that he’s not on the transplant list yet. A transplant comes with its own set of issues.

1 Like

Most people who die from heart conditions die because they didn’t realize they had heart conditions and get medical help too late

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.