Arthritis treatment thread

Yesterday, I found an article that proposed a simple method to stop arthritis pain. https://www.viome.com/blog/reversing-arthritis-personalized-diet speaks about a sugar, Neu5Gc, found in mammalian meats and milks that causes chronic inflammation.

To clear your body of that sugar and free yourself of the pain, you need to eliminate that particular sugar from your diet for 1-2 months. That means avoiding all cow, pig, goat, sheep, and horse meats and dairy products. Chicken, turkey, duck, eggs, and seafood don’t contain that sugar so are OK (seafood tends to be high in heavy metals so eat sparingly, however.)

The web is spotted with testimonials of people adopting a vegan diet and becoming free from arthritis. I imagine Neu5Gc avoidance is one of the main reasons for this. Also, the manner in which vegan foods make the body more alkaline may be another reason.

I’m on day 1 of this kind of diet, and I’m not in a lot of arthritis pain right now. I had a glass of milk yesterday though, and had an arthritic flareup. That was my last glass, I imagine.

I’m going to post more natural arthritis treatments here as I find them.

I didn’t pitch the article that well. The man in that story put his rheumatoid arthritis in complete remission by avoiding mammal meat and dairy for 2 months!

This 71 year old senior used a TENS pad (electrical stimulation pad) for 45 mins a day on her affected joints and was able to relieve her osteoarthritis pain enough to function:

So sorry to know you’re suffering with this.
But you always seem to find a way around your problems, and you’re not afraid to experiment to see what works and what doesn’t. I really like that about you. If it weren’t for you we would be clueless regarding amyloban. And it really helped (and I’m sure it will continue to help) quite a few people.
I guess what I’m trying to say is well done and keep doing what you do!

1 Like

Thanks! I appreciate that a lot.

I’m willing to guinea pig myself for science. The methods being suggested for arthritis seem benign enough, just a matter of discipline to follow through with them, so it’s not a big risk.

1 Like

I’ve tried different things and they haven’t helped me at all. I’m glad you are thinking outside the box and come up with natural ways of beating it.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Can you please tell me what you’ve tried?

I’ve decided to become a vegetarian and I feel a lot better. It’s been a few weeks since I’ve had meat, with one exception, and I already notice a difference in my back pain.

1 Like

I take humira, just trying it now, not sure if it is doing anything, knees are pretty sore

1 Like

Im on that and they said I won’t feel a difference for three to six months.

2 Likes

There some sort of anti inflammatory diet about… For some reason nightshade plants are inflammation aggravating… Hmmm idk

1 Like

I’ve heard that gluten and nightshade avoidance (tomato, potato, and eggplant, maybe some others) can be a last resort to reducing inflammation.

I’m currently looking at Boron supplementation, 6 to 10 mg a day seems like it would be ideal.

This is a double blind study showing low level Boron being 50% effective at relieving arthritis pain than placebo with 10%: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/232071985_Boron_and_Arthritis_The_Results_of_a_Double-blind_Pilot_Study

Supposedly Jamaica has next to no Boron in their soil, and their arthritis rate is around 5%. Israel, on the other hand, has high Boron levels (they get 6 to 8 mg daily), and their arthritis levels are around 0.15%.

1 Like

Turmeric has also benefits in relieivingggg arthiritus

1 Like

I’ve had a lot of pain relief with apple cider vinegar. i was skeptical, but it really worked and I have severe arthritis,two forms.

1 Like

@Qirat, yes, a brand with 95% curcuminoids and bioperine to catalyze it is best. I don’t use it though.

Another anti-inflammatory herb is Boswellia, it is a COX inflammatory pathway inhibitor.

@anon4362788 good suggestion, Apple cider vinegar helps you digest proteins better, so that they don’t slip through the tight junctions in the intestine in a form that causes joint pain.

2 Likes

How do you know so much about food and nutrition,did you ever study it or is it personal research

1 Like

The only methods I’ll be using for the next few months are mammal meat / dairy avoidance, and Boron supplementation.

Also drinking alkaline water, but that doesn’t seem to make a huge difference in joint pain (worked miraculously for my chronic headache though!)

I can’t heap too many methods together, it muddies the science.

@anon90843118 personal research. I am obsessed with feeling normal.

1 Like

I eat nori seaweed for my thyroid gland… Even though the heavy metal… I think the pros outweigh the cons

1 Like

Supposedly organic seaweed can’t contain any heavy metals.

1 Like

That would be really cool but Its near to impossible to find where I live. Do you buy it organic one?

I just googled for “seaweed heavy metals” and saw a blurb about organic being heavy metal free.

1 Like