Aripiprazole

Does anybody takes aripiprazole 30mg at night? Does it too high to take 30mg? How do u guys feel when taking aripiprazole?

1 Like

I was on 25mg. I had side effects like addictions, impulsions and compulsions. I switched to Latuda.

2 Likes

I was on 10mg and everyone reacts different I think all it gave me was a slight blurry vision issue it took me a while to focus

2 Likes

30mg is is the max dose.

I take 15mg.

It messed with my blood sugar so I have to take metformin to counteract that.

Also it makes me really anxious. So I take some supplements that help with that. Other people take a benzo instead.

2 Likes

I had to stop aripiprizole. It made me binge eat and purge

2 Likes

I was on 30mg for a few months.

It made me very anxious and agitated and i couldn’t sleep either

i had to come off it

2 Likes

I remember good old times when everyone praised abilify…

2 Likes

Its the best med for negative symptoms from my experience and from what my psy said but I just couldn’t live with the side effects destroying my life permanently from high debts caused by gambling and shopping addictions. I lost all my 15 000$ that I had in the bank and lost the 80 000$ that I made from bitcoins by being impulsive in my decisions because of Abilify.

It also made me easily angry and irritated. I fight with my parents for no reason.

1 Like

I could have bought a house with that 100 000+$ that I lost because of Abilify.

1 Like

I take in the morning, 15mg

1 Like

I like it. Don’t love it, who loves aps, but its good.so far

30 mg is very high. Idk if I could cope.

1 Like

So what medication are u taking currently?

I am switching right now from Latuda 80mg to Risperdal 3mg to stop akathisia and hopefully to slightly improve negative and cognitive symptoms.

2 Likes

I couldnt tolerate dose more than 10mg, made me sleep all day

1 Like

Didn’t go so good for me and ended up having to move back to zyprexa. It’s not really an easy thing because we all react differently to medications. Always good to have a good shrink. They get an idea of how you are doing from talking to you and seeing how the meds work…and…it pays to be proactive in your health and ask these kinda questions and learn everything you can.

1 Like

I was taking 90mg. Lol

On Abilify Maintena 400mg now. Its good for negatives in my experience. I’ve got more energy nowadays after switching from Invega Trinza.

1 Like

I take 10 mg and quite happy about that, not that many sideeffects, but i will try to go back to 5 mg Zyprexa for a while, I was more relaxed on zyprexa and it was easier to fight my relapses in to (minor) drug abuse.

Like @Aziz said, there is a tendency to addiction and other “binge” behavior on abilify.

1 Like