Are you weak like me when it comes to?

Are you weak like me? That just one drink would harm you? And pot would be utterly devestating. I won’t even mention psychedelics! Gone daddy gone!

Don’t bother to mention your opinion on alcohol vs. pot. I have the opinion it’s worse but then I could never tolerate alcohol but a little because it metabolizes fast in me.

It’s an ultimatum I received from the universe. If I use I lose my mind.

I never used Antabuse for alcoholism but I like the idea. I hear you get violently sick when you take it.

There was a time a few years ago I would drink one or two beers only and the next month or three do it again which isn’t possible for an alcoholic. It confused me but I got over it. This gets me in the mood to read recovery lit.

2 Likes

I have taken most types of illegal drugs and of course, alcohol.

Never used to be weak when it came to it, but I am now

Can’t touch any of that stuff.

Was really young when I did it all, and was on a rehab programme by age 18

It saved my life

I am in gratitude to the people who helped me get clean, as things were in real bad shape

But, even the seemingly worst can change paths

No one is a lost cause, they just need the help they deserve to get better

2 Likes

I’ve never taken any illicit drugs, but alcohol is a thorn in my side. I know it is no good for me and negatively impacts my cognition well past when I’m sober again.

1 Like

I wasn’t great with alcohol but aside from causing some strain in my relationship from time to time it didn’t really get to the point where it significantly affected my life otherwise.

Edibles? Absolutely awful, basically threw my life away for those, my brain I swear to god treats them like heroin or something. (Not that I’ve never used anything on that level) I got full on addicted, used so much I got horribly ill and lost 15 lbs in one week, quit, later relapsed, couldn’t get a job because of it, tried to quit again, relapsed again, finally I have been clean almost 3 weeks now. The withdrawals have been hell. Explosive irritability, constantly feeling like I’m freezing, nauseous most of the day with frequent vomiting, I had diarrhea too early on. I have been out of work for months due to my foray into them and it has been completely devastating to my family.

So uh, when people try to tell you THC is just a light casual drug you don’t need to worry about think again. And I wasn’t even using marijuana edibles, just regular hemp.

2 Likes

I got two vaccines on Tuesday I believe sent me for a tailspin. I don’t want to discourage anyone but I really suffered hell for two days. The first day I was literally unable to get out of bed until afternoon. The next day I felt my mental health was affected when I started abusing myself and I had very serious things to take care of. I almost made a scene in several places. Maybe just one vaccine at a time would be better.

Oh my gosh what vaccines were they??

The latest covid shot and the flu shot.

I’ve had five covid vaccines so far. I am very pro vaccine. Next time I’m not getting more than one vaccine within two weeks.

Vaccines affect everyone differently. Unfortunately some people do experience extreme adverse affects like you’re describing though they’re very rare. I’m sorry you dealt with that, definitely let all your medical providers know your reaction before you get your next vaccine and work w them on it. It’s good to be cautious.

It can be fatal. My pdoc wouldn’t let me take it. I’ve managed to stay sober without it. It’s been almost six years.

I enjoy 2 or 3 glasses of vodka every evening.
I’m not alcoholic though

2 Likes