Are you useful at work or as a human being?

I’m very useful at work, but beyond that, not much. Work takes SO much out of me mentally and physically that I’m not there at home much.

1 Like

It was three years ago.

1 Like

People tend to fluctuate from month to month, at least I do. I hope you are about to enter a period of time when your functioning gets much better. Best wishes!

I’m so sorry, @Happy_Heather.

I don’t hate the way my life is, being at home wondering what’s going to happen next and feeling sorta powerless. I just feel extremely guilty.

1 Like

Have you had a performance review?

1 Like

I’m useful as a human being but not as a “worker”, because I don’t work. I just volunteer.

1 Like

I’m useful as both, just to what levels—that varies from day to day!
Some days I feel overwhelmed and there’s too much noise from the office and I end up with glazed eyes just staring at this computer screen scrolling up and down at random intervals with my mouse.
Other days, the people I tutor thank me for being “so patient” and for “teaching me” and I feel useful.
As a human being, I volunteer as a tutor, too, but only for 2 hours on the weekends. It helps me cope with my anxiety about tutoring. It also makes me feel like a good person who cares about others.
Some days though, I show up for volunteering and I’m like, how close is the end of the tutoring session? and always check my watch. Other days, I lose track of time and I’m exited about student’s progress and I can’t stop walking around checking their papers—and not my watch!
I think I need to start charting my moods to see what’s going on with the variability in my productivity.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.