Are you tough?

Are you tough?what is tough?

177 mental toughness secrets. It’s an audio book, look it up!

1 Like

No, I’m not tough.

My mother, who put her family’s interests before her own interests her entire life, is tough.

1 Like

I’m a survivor of abuse, molestation, and MI, so I think I’m tough for still being here. And no one will ever hurt me again because I’ve “toughened-up” and won’t allow myself to be pushed around.

3 Likes

Maybe. I endured the pain of kidney stones overnight to not bother anyone to take me to the er. Maybe that wasn’t a good kind of tough.

1 Like

no i’m not

In some ways I was tough. My sophomore year in wrestling I had lost so much weight through dehydration that I was able to gain twelve pounds over night when I went up a weight. I increased my body weight by ten per cent over night. As I got older in high school my mental illness kicked in, and I turned into a pretty big wimp in wrestling. There were some things I did in the army that were tough, though. One time I carried an M-60 machine gun the entire distance on a twelve mile rapid march that my squad leader passed out on. We ran a pretty good bit of that march.

2 Likes

Been slugging heavy stuff for 20 years, 30 years of going it alone so yeah, i’m pretty tough

1 Like

Yes I’m really tough. Very persevering, courageous and I can endure a lot of pain and psychological suffering. I don’t even appear to be suffering. It helped me a lot while I was sick.

1 Like

No, I’m not tough. I used to try to be. But, I didn’t cut the mustard. But, I’ve endured an awful lot of pain and suffering in my lifetime. Didn’t handle it well though.

I’m still standing … so yes I’m tough :slight_smile: I guess

1 Like

My last Hospital Stay proves that I’m tough.

1 Like

I feel like I have survived a very hard life so I guess in that respect I would be considered tough. I am dreadful that I might get in a car wreck and be broken up pretty bad…I fear pain. so I don’t think I’m tough.

i am very fragile like a paper BUT

I drive everywhere / do lots of things on my own even clean the snow on the car :flushed:
When my friend visited me, she was amazed at my strength because in Kuwait etc they have other people doing everything for them.

I am not good with opening jars though :unamused:

1 Like

Tougher than a ginkgo tree.

1 Like

“I’ll have you know I ate a bowl of nails for breakfast this morning. Without any MILK!”

1 Like

In some ways I think I am weak and vulnerable. I’m kind of dependent. But in other ways, like dealing with death or loss or tragedy, I think I am strong. But definitely I often feel like I can’t cope…

“Can you be tough, Walter?”

I’d work twenty four hours, seven days a week
Just so I could come home and kiss your cheek
I love you in the morning and I love you at noon
I love you in the night and take you to the moon

Ain’t that tuff enuff
Ain’t that tuff enuff
Ain’t that tuff enuff
Ain’t that tuff enuff