Are you the same social person here and in real life...?

Is there any difference?

I think so. Iā€™m a Nice person both here and irlšŸ˜…

2 Likes

online can be quite false in social interactions IMO

I have an easier time talking and expressing myself online, irl its much harder.

kinda, i have bad social anxiety so in real life its much harder to talk to people and process everything going on

I would say there is a big difference in my case. Iā€™m so tense when I am around people in person that I know it canā€™t be much fun for them to get to know me. I feel like I am closer to the real me on this site.

There is is a big difference online verus in irl

1 Like

I get along with people IRL.

In the real world, Iā€™m a glamorous television personality.

3 Likes

I am very similar online and off. I donā€™t have a problem maintaining friendships, especially now that Iā€™ve found friends who are supportive, understanding, and accepting. (The only problem is that none of them live in the same state as me.) I like the silly and witty banter that I have between people both here and IRL.

I donā€™t have any problems talking to anyone, strangers, etc.

I can often push my way through a depression to put on a ā€œsocialā€ face for brief moments as necessary. Iā€™ve been performing since Iā€™m 4, so this skill comes in handy.

Sometimes Iā€™m just too dark, and when I am, I tend to hole up by myself, so as not to ā€œinflictā€ myself on anyone.

1 Like

I am definitely more reserved in person than I am on here

I have a hard time having long conversations in real life. I usually just end up listening and find myself often eagerly awaiting the conversation to be over. Especially when I am called on the phone.

2 Likes

I say what come t me mind online more

1 Like

Yea if I feel comfortable with someone then I can be sort of chatty. But if I were to meet you guys irl, Iā€™d bow out.

Since Iā€™ve opened up a lot, but donā€™t even know any of you irl at all

1 Like

Iā€™m the same all the time according to friends and family. But itā€™s too a fault. I have a hard time acting a certain way to fit whatā€™s happening.

1 Like

Different. Here I can interact with people in similar situations, whereas irl I donā€™t ever discuss mi at all, ever, except for peers. I hardly have an irl life, but in public I have a few different ā€œshellsā€ that I wear, Iā€™ve become quite the actor over these many years and they are quite impenetrable. Basically I trust no one irl, so my real self is locked away.

I think Iā€™m nicer in real life. Always showing my best side. Online I kinda just complain whenever I feel like it.

1 Like

I think Iā€™m a basically decent human being on the board, or in real life. Am I as social? Iā€™m not, but itā€™s not by choice. All my friends are married with children, I am the only single one left.

It gets lonely at times, but I still have some good friends and I guess itā€™s not so bad most days

2 Likes

Much more uncomfortable in real life. Iā€™m more open here with my peers.

2 Likes

iā€™m the same here and in real life =D

2 Likes