Are you the poorest in your family?

I am the poorest having no assets other than a car and a few hundred dollars in the bank. I was financially very well off when married, but my husband was a contributing factor to my mental state,
Fortunately I am currently living with my father so I do have a roof over my head,

1 Like

I have enough money, i only shop food and such, then rent. But im gonna work in the future. And i dont know if im poorest.

3 Likes

Yes I am poorest in my family ā€” I make about as much as a part time job on SSDI and food stamps - I shop at dollar store and thrift store ā€” Iā€™m just happy for my 1 bedroom apartment and a roof over my head and a hot shower :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Yeah Iā€™m the poorest too.

Something that not everyone can say about us all though is: Iā€™ve never felt competitive with my siblings

AND I thank my lucky stars they are well established. My bro, (I want to clarify this), his emotions are more on his sleeve, his face is more of an instrument like, yours truly.

So I worry more about THAT in him, itā€™s my sister that maintains more of a ā€˜poker faceā€™(Iā€™m beginning to not like that expression) but nonetheless Or either way [she gives me nothing to worry about].

Just like my dad gives my mom nothing to worry about. But yeah Iā€™m also the poorest in my extended fam as well.

1 Like

I amā€¦ My brother makes over $100k yearly by himself and my mom makes about $70k yearly by herself while David and I together make about $35k yearly

1 Like

My wife and I arenā€™t the wealthiest, but weā€™re ahead of about 2/3 of my small famly and about 9/10 of hers.

1 Like

The poorest in my family include an Uncle and a few other older members going through through the sad reality of dementia and diminished livelihoods. They have more money than me but it doesnā€™t matter.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always been the poorest. My family understands and when we used to go out they would usually pay for me. They didnā€™t want to see me miss out just because I am poor. Itā€™s always been this way.

Every now and then over the last 40 years I will get a good chunk of money from somewhere so I pay my own way for six months.
I had no idea how much money both my sisters made until they told me about a couple years ago that they both make about a hundred grand a year. I was shocked, I guess I thought they might make sixty or seventy thousand a year.

1 Like

I am the poorest of all my family including far family. No one in my family and far family have a mental illness. One brother makes over 100k$ working with the government and the other slightly less than 100k$. My mother is an accountant too and she makes a lot too. My cousins are all making lots of money, one was working in Dubai as a supply chain analyst in a big international company and now work this job here in Canada.

My other cousin who is in Syria is an airplane engineer and also works for the government to help poor people, scout and church. Idk how has time to do all this. We told him to come to Canada but he loves Syria too much and doesnā€™t want to lose all these good jobs there as he would make a lot less in Canada than in Syria and also everything is much cheaper in Syria than Canada.

1 Like

I canā€™t really complain as my parents and brothers are helping me in everything.

1 Like

Oh also my other cousins in Syria one is a surgeon and the other sheā€™s a dentist.

1 Like

Yes. 151515151515

1 Like

Idk I think I won the lottery in a bad way like winning the worst genes in my family.

1 Like

Iā€™m the poorest. My mom was my dadā€™s first wife, and he took better care of his other kids. They wonā€™t even associate with me. I think they lie about me. Even on my momā€™s side, who was from a good family, but illegitimate and ended up poor, Iā€™m the poorest. I tried not to be an oppressive parent, and my daughterā€™s more successful too.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.