Are you the poorest in your family?

i am by far, my brother and sister are upper middle class to wealthy. and my other sister is not doing as well but still lives well, because she has to take care of the kids, while her husband is the only one working. they budget, but get by. she is planning on going back to work when her kids are both in school. me im poor. and mom and dad did fine for themselves. even if i go back to work, i will still be the poorest in the family. im the f up in the family, and as my 8th grade english teacher said, the one with an attitude, which i thought was a bit odd coming from a guy who worshipped edgar allan poe.

5 Likes

Financially I am pretty poor. Spiritually I believe I am one of the more richer one’s.

Basically I am quite happy with what I have and have accepted my lot in life so I tend not to play the compare game.

6 Likes

that’s probably a good way to be.

3 Likes

My brother and I are about the same,both on disability benefits. My sister and her husband have a house that was worth £900K several years ago.

MY father has a $76k approx index linked pension.

3 Likes

Somehow no. My sister that lives in rural Kenya and lives on about $100 a month is the poorest. But of my family that lives in the states I’m the poorest.

3 Likes

wow you have a sister that lives in kenya? that must be quite an experience.

3 Likes

Yeah, she did some traveling out there and fell in love. Fort married and moved out there awhile ago.

3 Likes

good for her, money is not everything.

3 Likes

I’m the poorest by a long shot. My siblings and parents are well off. Although, my parents didn’t become well off until they got much older.

3 Likes

I’m better off financially than most my family,

Mostly because I don’t have kids.

3 Likes

I have an older sibling that lives in London. So fairly affluent.

Immediately younger sibling is earning double what I am.

And youngest is still in school. He’ll probably do well as well.

I’m expecting things to change due to the nature of my thus far recovery. We’ll see, this degree is getting tricky.

(If you were to see how each of us live, you’d think I’m the wealthiest because I’m good with money)

3 Likes

My family are all much better off financially than I am but they have helped me immensely.

3 Likes

You know I don’t know. I think so. Pretty sure I am. One of the ‘smarter’ ones though. Definitely not happy with my life or how it turned out…

3 Likes

yeah mom and dad help me alot, and are kind enough to take me on trips 3 or 4 times a year. we are going to colorado at the end of the month and i don’t have to pay for a thing.

but i cut dad’s grass for him and help him out on projects throughout the year. i also pay rent, most of my money goes toward rent to dad.

3 Likes

TFW extended family spend more on beer and food for a night out than you make in a month lol…

3 Likes

One of my cousins in Florida doesn’t work and lives with his dad. My other cousin in Florida is a food-server and makes tips. She and I are the next poorest. The rest of my family work in middle class jobs and are doing fine financially. I’m on SSDI - $1,890 a month.

4 Likes

yeah my brother is very spendy but makes good money. he lives it up. my sister makes good money too but she saves invests and is paranoid the gov’t is going to take her money haha and all she’s worked for.

2 Likes

Im the poorest in my immediate family my parents are retired with pension but they own a home in an expensive real estate market and both my siblings work in public sector jobs one makes 100k and owns a home and the other 70k i made 50k last year witn no assets

2 Likes

Yeah, I am but I really don’t care, money is not everything and all in all I am happy as a king.

4 Likes

I’m the poorest in my immediate family but probably wealthier than some of my extended family members.

1 Like