Are you submissive to your psychiatrist?

I pretty much determine things , but I try not to overdo it. I do need this person to prescribe my meds. A long time ago I had a Dr who told me I know what the meds do to me better than he did. So I’ve been learning my trade since then. Like you, I don’t want to live with the pain and agony when I know something is not working. My Dr now allows e mail and it helps when making a change.

2 Likes

What can I say? I just know that to be killed is not important for me, what is important to me is to live like Adam( like a really healthy guy and not ordinary guys living in their dreams or foolish beliefs), in my case meds can put me in hell or heaven( as you say It’s not working for you like mine) how many years do you struggle with this illness and are you a firm believer in god?

thorazine was one of the best I tried but better than that was perphenazine( approximately zero side effects except hunger), I now take abilify with perphenazine which I know sounds crazy cause they are opposite but this combination works for me like heaven( I have tried them also alone to see what happens, aripiprazole products good healthy thoughts like before my illness and perphenazine kills my agitation and helps me with breathing), when I told my pdoc he said preserve this plan cause they work on different parts of brain and when it works, it works) and I love his pragmatism, however I’m completely agreeable with you when you say ““Its a pain trying to find the right meds at the right doses, but its the best thing we can do for ourselves and step number one towards a full recover””".

1 Like

surprised J, are you happy with the amount of input you have with your psychiatrist?

I am not sure myself how I feel about my own “case”.

judy

There for a while I didn’t put in any input. For a long time I would just sit and pretend to be “perfectly normal” and get so hung up on appearing symptom free I was making myself worse and more worked up when I had to go. It would be him talking, my saying not a word and walking away with my prescription.

A few months ago I was tapered over to Geodon and I just lost it. With in a week of no Seroquel I had a rather large psychotic break. I told my doc, begged, please… please put me back on Seroquel and Latuda… and he said yes.

After that I got more confidence to start speaking up for myself with my doc. It’s been getting better.

I follow what he says generally because I am highly emotional and sometimes make stupid decisions based on an out of control emotion.