Are you quick-witted?

I used to be pretty quick-witted before sz – able to think on my feet, able to have banter with people, think for myself. Since I’ve been ill, I feel I’m slower at processing thoughts and have trouble measuring my words. I suck at conversation lol. How about you? Are you quick-witted?

3 Likes

No. I’ve never been quick witted or a conversationalist.

1 Like

No, I’m pretty poor at conversation now. Like you said though it was different before.

1 Like

Thankfully for the internet, conversing with people online isn’t too bad. But in-person? I’m awful. Which is why I think I prefer talking to the few people who know about my sz. They may understand that I’m a little “off”

1 Like

I would be a conversationalist if I was smart but I’m dumb in terms of book knowledge. I don’t know who is ruling my country right now. I don’t know what all those political things mean. Not because it’s boring but because I just don’t know.

Just giving politics as an example

1 Like

No worries, you aren’t missing much lol. I’m apolitical – but that’s mostly due to some delusions about the government I’ve had in the past. So I just avoid politics altogether – which is really tough during these times.

1 Like

I’m pretty much apolitical too. I’ll check it out occasionally. I will vote when my mail in ballot comes. I’m voting for marijuana legalization.

1 Like

I used to be a lot funnier in personality but I’m not fast anymore on the draw…still can be funny it’s just less often.

1 Like

I’m fairly quick witted, i think. Although sza does affect my ability to think and make connections so I’m just as often weird and awkward.

1 Like

Not anymore. I used to be able to think fast and banter. Now I’m basically devoid of thought. It really sucks.

1 Like

“devoid of thought” is a good descriptor to use. It’s almost like the part of my brain that is used during conversation feels hollow. idk

1 Like

Yeah. It really sucks.

1 Like

Yes I am quick witted. But when I was on ap’s I was like a zombie and could barely form a sentence. Now I speak quite well.

How are your symptoms without an AP?

They are still there, the voices and delusions; I have been off meds for about 4 months. No one notices because I hide the fact that they are there pretty well. Hopefully I can get back on some other form of treatment or even just continue with lower doses of other meds and psychotherapy in the future.

1 Like

I hope it continues to work out for you

I can remember being funny at work or at the bars. I don’t know if it was the people. Or I just can’t.

Same as you, first part yoh wrotr. I used to be before sz. For the most part.

I would say I still am, I’m just slower at it. Still (usually) more so than the person I am with (often family though.)

1 Like

When I’m pumping on all cylinders I’m as quick witted as I want to be. Not saying there aren’t people that can’t talk circles around me, but I can make some valid points.

Before sza? Yes, now if I’m getting food or groceries and they say something like, “enjoy your food” I say “You too” lol I feel dull and slow, but at least I feel something.