Are you obsessed with your appearance?

I am it really bothers me. I also really need to exercise to get rid of a fatty liver. I lost 50 lb and gained 30 back. My diet is solid now so I should be able to keep the weight off when I lose it.

• Yes, I’m obsessed with my appearance
  • No, not obsessed with my appearance

0 voters

2 Likes

By hit session do you mean boxing?:muscle:

1 Like

I would say I’m in the middle

1 Like

On certain occasions I have to look professional in my appearance but other instances I don’t really bother.

1 Like

Not really anymore. I’m 60-80 lbs overweight with bad stretch Mark’s. It caused depression, lowself worth, etc. For years.

I don’t brush my teeth much. They are yellow. But I started brushing again. I never do my hair and I wear shitty clothes, but I try to smell good and shave sometimes.

1 Like

I only worked out all the time and ran

because of the adrenaline rush, I’d say to my kids after I was done, Better.

just everything mentally was better. I wasn’t doing it for appearance,

but that did help too.

2 Likes

I try to avoid mirrors and reflective surfaces whenever possible.

5 Likes

I spend ages looking for a paper bag with the right colour tone to put over my head.

2 Likes

I try to keep it minimal yea.
It helps

2 Likes

I don’t even recognize myself in the mirror any more. All i bother to do usually is shower, shave, brush my teeth, and put clothes on… That’s it. Nothing fancy. I am repulsed by what I see in the mirror when I’m nude.

3 Likes

I am normally good at things like personal hygiene. Would not say I am obsessed though.

1 Like

I think if i were obsessed with my appearance i would spend more time on hygiene and grooming. I don’t though. So i voted no.

1 Like

When I started college, I was strong and fit. I could bench and do incline bench at 215 lbs. This was my best. When I transferred, I gained like 20 lbs. I went from like 160 lbs to 180 lbs at 6 foot one. Since my illness, I’ve gained weight fast from APs. My worst was 290ish lbs. I currently weigh 260ish. I went down to 200 lbs when I quit my meds a couple years back. I learned to accept my weight.

2 Likes

I want to lose weight but I’m not vain about it.

1 Like

It seems like a tremendous waste of time to obsess about anything, let alone something as superficial as appearance.

With that said, paying attention to one’s physical and mental health is definitely important.

3 Likes

I always try to look as best as I can for work. Seems to be ok but I have put on some weight since christmas.

1 Like

I think this appearance thing might be lingering with me from the Navy. Appearance was a big deal. Also it doesn’t hurt that I get a little extra attention from the ladies with a good photo. Just to hear nice things makes me feel really good. Sorry this is a stupid thread.

4 Likes

I’m really not.
When I take pictures of myself, I want to look my best, but that’s natural.
I don’t even brush my hair every day. And I wear androgynous clothes.
I spend as little time in front of a mirror as possible.

1 Like

It isn’t a stupid thread. There’s a few illnesses that can be related to appearance that could be due to sz, like anorexia sometimes. People can see different things on the mirror due to visual hallucinations.

With that said I worry about my appearance, but I’m not excessively thinking about it. Physical results takes time and that I don’t have much these days. But I walk a few kms every week thanks to Pokemon :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I always try to look professional or well dressed. It makes me feel better about my problems

2 Likes