Schizophrenia.com

Are you intelligent?

In some ways I am very intelligent, but in other ways I am seriously lacking.

1 Like

Honestly I think my IQ has easily dropped 40 points

2 Likes

I’ve taken two different full-length practice wonderlic tests in preparation for job stuff and scored 40 on each but I don’t know if that actually means anything IQ-wise.

With school being a long while ago and brain scrambling I dont think I’m intelligent. I can feel it at times but usually I’m making patterns out of nothing and end up being wrong on alot of things

I’ve read thousands of books, but I Forgot them all. Too much information. I got 2 degrees (nuclear medicine and RN). School was just pump and dump information, all nighters and cramming because of too many credit hours. I probably only remember 30 percent of the information I learned. If you can’t apply what you learn then the information is useless. I do believe common sense and being polite goes a long way in this world.

2 Likes

I was really smart in college math and physics until I let studying music interfere. Music is a lot of dull rehearsing and I think my interest in life took a dive along with my IQ.

3 Likes

Interesting. I agree. Thanks!

I took 5 courses per semester for 2 semesters in university while I was on Abilify and I still got good grades.

2 Likes

It took like 5 attempts but I passed and got a cert from MITs python course on Edx while schizophrenic lol. I mean lots of people can do it, but it was a goal of mine. Not sure if it means anything. I want to finish the harvard one too.

I got some other certs too even one from Stanford.

3 Likes

I would love to go back to school and go for a major in Computer Science and a minor in Criminal Justice. It’s a far-fetched dream of mine to be a private investigator, and I know that these days a lot of that kind of work entails proficiency in the ways of computers.

1 Like

When I had motivation I used to be able to study hard. At gcse level I got 8 a* and 4 as. But after then my depression kicked in and it just went down hill

1 Like

Yeah. My IQ was 147 when I was young. Now I’d say it’s lower.

1 Like

Isn’t average IQ 120? It’s obvious by your posts and threads that you’re intelligent

Damn MIT, Harvard and Stanford? Impressive. I went to Marshall University and Community college

1 Like

I always made good grades in school. Then in my 8th grade year my mother went into the hospital for I think kidney failure. I went from making As(highest grades) to making Ds and Fs (the lowest scores in the USA)

1 Like
1 Like

Sorry to hear that Loke…

1 Like

It wasn’t a term that was used when I was going to school(1961-1975) but a child nowadays like I was would almost certainly be regarded as 2e… There’s very little help and support for gifted adults with learning difficulty here in the UK. Ditto ASD & Dyspraxia.

1 Like

Thanks. I think I’ve talked about my mother’s death several times on this site. It was very difficult as a 13 year old watching her die and I honestly don’t know how I survived it. But that was 30 years ago. Losing a parent at a young age always leaves an emptiness in your heart but the passing of time helps.

I attended a gifted and talented school, which required a high IQ. It is hard to think clearly now, but I still have my verbal intelligence, as that is what I scored highest on.

1 Like