Are you good at

I was never really good at sports. I played softball in my teens for a year. It was fun, but we we’re always a losing team.

Also, when I was about 30 or 31 I was living in a board & care home and me and my friend used to go to these dances that a local church threw every other week. A worker there invited me to play on the church baseball team. I thought, “Why not?”

So I was soon going to a couple of practices a week and it was OK. The season started and I learned the entire season consisted of 4 games!
And we were a lousy team. We won one game and the scores on the other three games that we lost were all scores like 23-1. And 24-2. And 22-4.

The most hilarious thing was that we made the play-offs! So we got to play a couple of extra games. We lost those badly too.

The games were fun. I looked forward to them and I was pretty good at hitting but I hadn’t thrown a baseball in ten years and my arm was shot and one game I was playing third base and I couldn’t make the throw from 3rd to 1st.

1 Like

Cricket is my sport as most of you know. I still play competitively at soon to be 49. Love the sport!

2 Likes

Our school sport in germany was pretty bad. Most of the time they would play soccer and I was more into basketball. But they did space for other sports so we not always have been forced to do soccer. Other than that I did skateboarding for six or seven years with even years long breaks. And for sure one year of bodybuilding which made me kind of depressed, and that’s the reason I quit bodybuilding. I was just spending all my money on food and thinking all the time about to add up some weight on the exercise or do one rep more. I was even documenting my work out. I got thin lost some fat. But to do it for years just to see some result was really messing up my mind.

I got picked for the netball team last day at school before we left the country

The last (i.e., the most recent) actual sport I competed in was swimming. Won a few local awards. Before that I played baseball. Dreamed (like a lot of boys in my school) of being a baseball player. Only problem was I wasn’t very good at first. I started out in right field and batted seventh. And the longest ball I ever hit was a foul ball (but hey! it did go a long ways). I found my niche was pitching, though you wouldn’t have known it from my first outing. Hit the first four batters I faced before being yanked from the game. I got better though, and by the time I was in the 7th grade, I was hitting the mid-70s. Never did anything with baseball after that, though. The pitching was great for arm and elbow strength…until I blew my right elbow out warming up too quickly. Story of my life…get good at something and have the rug yanked out from under. Oh well, I wasn’t going to be on any major league team anyway. It was nice to dream…

In school I used to purposefully leave my kit then tell the PE teacher that I forgot it. I hated sports when I was young. I think I would be more inclined now I am older but it would be more at athletics rather than game type sports which I am not sure if I would enjoy.

1 Like

I used to go to the sick room with upset tummy when PE class was on

1 Like

I used to do kayaking and kite boarding.

Never really been that great at team sports.

I wasn’t very good at sports. I tried boxing in my youth and wasn’t very good at it. Wasn’t the worst in the gym where I trained but I wasn’t exactly good at it. Boxing is one sport you don’t want to not be very good at. Hahah, I ended up getting my jaw dislocated. It still pops sometimes.

I also played football soccer mostly for fun. I wasn’t very good at it either. Back then at least I could run consistently.

I was good at stretching. :grin:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.