Are you getting less Flu since coronavirus?

I haven’t gotten the flu at all since coronavirus.
I think since ppl are using masks so they’re also preventing the spread of the flu!
Something positive about corona.

2 Likes

I’m dreading getting the flu or a cold or anything that raises my temperature. Because I’ll have to get a covid test.

2 Likes

I have never gotten sick since cironavirus. No sore throat, no runny nose, etc

2 Likes

We have a thermometer gun at our house that we use.

1 Like

Flu season is just barely beginning. I think it will be better this year, though, because people are wearing masks and the societal pressure to stay home with even the sniffles is much stronger now.

2 Likes

I contracted something a few days ago. It’s feels like common cold, but I can’t be sure. Anyways I can’t work again until the symptoms passes, and yesterday I didn’t go to the shop although I wanted. Got to be a good example I guess.

1 Like

I hope you get better.

1 Like

I had a slight cold for awhile, its been years since ive gotten the flu tho. When i feel the sickness coming i chug orange juice and get the ginger ale ready.

2 Likes

I was tested for corona last friday. I get the result the coming week. I’m guessing that I’m currently having flu or viral infection. I did came while smoking one and a half weeks ago.

But also could be corona.

1 Like

Were coming upto flu season in the uk. Im not sure yet when they are gonna start dishing them out at the pharmacy. I pay for mine - but for the sake of a few quid, it sure beats copping it.

1 Like

The test isn’t horrible. You feel like you’re drowning for about 3 seconds, and just as you’re about to lose it on the nurse, she pulls the swab out and it’s over.

1 Like

My main problem is all the Covid19 test sites here are drive thru, and I don’t have a car. I don’t know what I’m going to do if I’m supposed to get a test. My case manager isn’t driving clients anywhere because of Covid19. Any ideas?

I don’t know, but it sounds strange if you are not able to get tested because you don’t have a car. Isn’t it possible to just go there and get tested anyways? Or maybe you need to go the hospital or something.

I guess I’ll go to the ER, but I’m not sure what I should do if I get sick. I could message my doctor.

I guess it’s different in every country what the rules are. The local government or council should have a web site which states what applies for you.

Here it is basically to avoid contact with people as much as possible until a couple of weeks after it passes.

1 Like

The covid swab test is no big deal. They swab the back of your throat and deep in each nostril. The nostril swabs tickled because they go pretty far back so I burst out laughing during both nostril swabs. The bigger deal, at least in the U.S., is that it’s still taking too long to get test results back in my test locations.

1 Like

I had 2 COVID tests for work and they were ok. My eyes watered a bit, but it wasn’t bad at all.

1 Like

Everyone should get their flu shots – it’s particularly important this year. My elderly mom went to CVS for her high dose flu shot last week. I’m getting my flu shot at work this week.

You have to call before going anywhere anyways, so they should be able to help you out. There’s also a CDC Covid helpline I believe. Or maybe it’s local through the health department? Not sure.

2 Likes

It’s not really flu season yet. Still summer here in the south.

1 Like