Are you fed up with listening to music?

I’ve got about 3,800 songs on my phone. I’ve got all the songs from my youth that I’m interested in. I’ve got modern stuff. Lots of different genres.

And now I’m not getting any enjoyment from them.

Maybe I should try spotify or something. But I think “music fatigue” has set in.

1 Like

Do you have melody in your collection?

1 Like

“Are you fed up with listening to music?”

yes, lyrical music.

I’ve never heard of melody. But anyway, I’ve just downloaded spotify. So I’ll give that a go.

1 Like

How old are you? When you’re young, you’re really, really into music in a big way. When you get older, like about in your mid 40’s to 50’s, you don’t really care anymore about it at all. That’s the way it was for me anyway.
Nowadays, if I listen to music at all, which is rare, I listen to instrumental music. When I was young, it was all lyrical. Now, I prefer silence.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m in my 40s. But that’s never stopped me from listening to music before! This is quite recent and quite sudden. Hopefully spotify will help me discover some new stuff worth listening to.

No, it’s your age, believe me.

1 Like

Well I tried spotify :musical_score: and I’m still not feeling the love.

I tend to listen to the same couple albums or songs for months on end. Maybe the repetition is comforting to me.

1 Like

I dont get joy out of music that much anymore. I use to like music when I was psychotic because it made me feel good. It’s probably the antipsychotics that prevent me from enjoying music.

1 Like

3,800 songs may seem a lot but its not really that much. A lot for a phone, but spotify will sort that out. It gives you a release radar every week, a discover playlist every week and a daily mix once it has found you genres of what you listen to.

I think it is worth the £9.99 subscription to do it without ads bothering the mixes all the time. Spotify has most albums, but not all.Sometimes, i have to rely on my 250gb mp3/flac files collection on my hdd.

1 Like

Give music a rest for a couple of days and then it will be renewed.

3 Likes

Sometimes you have to take a break from music. I take breaks and come back and it sounds beautiful again.

3 Likes

I’ve heard spotify is good. I use pandora. I have a few different genres of music I listen to so I don’t get tired.

1 Like

I kind of went off music to a large extent after downloading songs and lps via limewire on to an external hard drive. Then the hard drive went kaput and I lost all my songs.
I also had an account with last.fm but then they buggered around with it and ■■■■■■ it up.

That’s true… last.fm used to be better…

I gave up on it. It had become a pile of crap.

I use Pandora and I love listening to music. I love all kinds of music but still love to hear the new stuff come out. I have always loved music. I am 48 so maybe the love affair waning hasn’t happened yet. I listen to music for several hours every day.

I’ve gotten fed up with music from time to time. If I get a chance to listen to some live music that will revive my interest in all music.

Also later I found that if I listen on the car radio which actually has a better sound and can be played really loud that will revive my interest too.

Or even listening to someone else’s equipment and favorites will give me a fresh perspective.

1 Like

I downloaded “soundcloud” and at least found a few songs on there that I like. So that’s something at least. :musical_note:

1 Like