Are you consumed with your delusions?

https://www.psycom.net/paranoid-schizophrenia

Someone with active paranoid schizophrenia is consumed by their delusions or hallucinations. The vast majority of their energy and attention is focused on keeping to and protecting their falsely held beliefs or perceptual distortions.

The most common time a person seeks initial treatment for schizophrenia is during the active phase, when psychosis often makes a dramatic disruption in one’s life and the lives of those around them.

After the active phase, the patient enters the residual phase of schizophrenia. Much like the residual subtype, hallucinations and delusions attenuate at this point (usually with the help of antipsychotic medication and other forms of treatment), and the patient experiences primarily negative symptoms.

Are you consumed with your delusions?

• Yes, I’m consumed with delusions
  • No, not consumed with delusions
  • In between
0 voters

As much as I hate to admit it I am consumed. It just makes so much sense. Just have to remember I’m making it all up.

2 Likes

I count on others to tell me if it’s real or not.

1 Like

I’m not often delusional but when I am my hubby and doctor tells me that and I have to trust what they say.

1 Like

I’m not currently consumed by them but when I am active yes absolutely.

1 Like

I guess I am. They seem 100% real, at least some of them…some turned out to be false…and some are unprovable.

I feel horrible about the false ones.

2 Likes

I am consumed and didn’t realize it until reading this and giving it some thought. I am convinced that my husband is uninterested in me, that someone will break into the house, and that I’m being watched. Scary to think how much time I’ve put into building and maintaining these delusions.

1 Like

I get consumed and obsessive with intrusive thoughts.

1 Like

just because I’m schizophrenic doesn’t make them unreal

lots of people believe things that haven’t been proven.

2 Likes

I believe my delusions wholeheartedly.
Asking others doesn’t help.

1 Like

I think the flat earth thing is ■■■■■■■■.

1 Like

I’m pretty consumed in them, though I don’t believe them a hundred percent.

2 Likes

I’m OBSESSED with my voices being real people telepathically communicating with me and seeing through my eyes

2 Likes

I am possessed by voices. They see through my eyes too

2 Likes

How is it possible to see through another’s eyes?? this is what is keeping me afloat. My voice tells me it’s my mind it’s watching me through

3 Likes

I had the same delusion cameras in my eyes from aliens or sinulators…

3 Likes

Does your voice let you know it can see through your eyes too?

1 Like

@TheBest did your voice let you know it can see through your eyes?

1 Like

I really don’t want to dwell on it. It’s best not to think about it.

1 Like

Sorry. I am obsessed with my voices, it lets me know it can see through my eyes constantly

2 Likes

I don’t hear voices, but I had strong thoughts or delusions. They were intrusive.

2 Likes