Are you concerned that there's a lack of "meaning" in your life?

Life is what you make out of it.
I live to make my parents and brothers happy even if I stay in bed all day everyday. I am not suicidal and homicidal anymore on the right antipsychotic.

1 Like

I’ve had never ending interference from juvenile people, who have no comprehension of the meaning of life. Their perspective is that people are born to do stupid things, that will inflate their ego (the interfering egotists). They complain about people who don’t work, but are always doing illegal things to people, so they’re not jealous. They destroy a person’s ability to become financially independent, with the illegal things they do, and then complain about people needing financial assistance.

1 Like

Yes I feel a bit empty and lost, I have always worked and loved people now I don’t work, I’m in an empty relationship with my x husband and I’m a hermit, I have aged thru this now at 61 I hate looking in the mirror. My daughter lives in Florida me in Texas I miss my granddaughter she’s 5. I’m praying and searching for a fulfilling hobby, job or purpose

1 Like

I’m worried about this. That’s why I stick to life goals I have, even if they seem unrealistic or impractical, more or less impossible. I have to believe in something. And the future is all there is to look at.

1 Like

also, everhopeful, fighting this disease of sz gives my life some meaning.

it is so important to me to fight this battleground.

judy

1 Like

1 Like

I think meaning in life is hard to pin down. But my struggles with schizophrenia (and I suspect the drugs) involved the loss of hobbies: I just wasn’t that interested in anything anymore.

However, I have been fortunate recently to discover that coffee enables me to do my personal work, so have been working for 10 hours a day on my project, which I hope will become a paid venture.

And so, in this, I feel I have gained meaning. However, I suspect that meaning is a societal term that revolves around pressuring people to contribute economically to society. In this sense, I am now conforming, which gives me relief.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.