Schizophrenia.com

Are you comfortable giving out your first name on this site?

I suffer from paranoia and anxiety, so it is difficult for me to divulge my real name. I am on the verge of letting people know my first name. One person knows my real name on here. It felt liberating to disclose my real first name to him. I just may let everyone know- it depends on what kind of replies I get. Do you feel comfortable with other online members knowing your first name? Just wondering, and a bit curious

But dave, i already know your name.

When I registered on the old forums I didn’t realize that I wasn’t supposed to use my real name. So for better or worse my real name is “77”.

It doesn’t really bother me that people know my first name.

That’s an interesting topic Wave.

Personally I like to know everyone’s names. But I’m a curious kind of person. I really enjoyed seeing pictures that were posted too.

There is already somewhat of a connection between most on here (I think:), but then when someone discloses their name, it’s sort of endearing.

My name is Missy.

My first name is Rob - that was very liberating :smiley:

Why hello Rob nice to meet you! :smile:

Nice to meet you as well Missy :smiley:

Everyone knows my name is James. I did not know we were supposed to keep first names a secret, so I used it a few times.

Nice to meet you Rob. This is a big step. I like your user name too.

My first name is in my user name, so you all already know it. I am not particularly paranoid these days, so I don’t mind. Hi Rob! Nice name, by the way.

My name is known by 2 people here, maybe 3…
I don’t post it online publicly…not so much paranoia…rumors, spammers, etc…just past experiences…

Thanks James and Caroline, I really appreciate it

Some people call me the space cowboy, yeah
Some call me the gangster of love
Some people call me Maurice
Cause I speak of the pompitous of love

• “The Joker” by The Steve Miller Band

I am not really comfortable with broadcasting my name.

I know mortimer cannot be your first name lol

its Maurice. Mortimer is what Walt Disney originally named Mickey Mouse but Mort means “death” in Latin and they made him change it. But I like it. Deadly little mouse. Dont take his ■■■■■■■ cheese.

I like the name mortimer also, its different, and that is what makes it cool

I feel comfortabe revealing my real name, at least on this site. But on a website in Japanese, my mother tounge, I guess I wouldn’t be as comfortable. Since I did so many weird things due to delusions and hallucinations, someone might notice and it would be embarrassing. But I’m sure on one I know in Japan can read my posts here.So this site is like an oaisis for me.

For those that don’t know, my name is Tim .

My name is Kira which means the sun…hence the username. :sunny: