Schizophrenia.com

Are you capable of accepting love?

well when i was unmedicated, i was battling with my voices all the time, but sometimes a voice would express love towards me and it messed me up, i was uncapable of accepting love back then, preferring my battles. now i’ve mellowed out a lot on meds and think i could accept love from others, but i wonder if i prefer like instead of love.

3 Likes

I’m really working hard on this one myself, @Lifer. I’ve had it rough for some times in my life when it seemed as if no one valued or appreciated me. I got so used to people hating me (or, so I thought), that at times, I wanted to kill myself. If I had continued down the path I was on, I reckon I could’ve become a hardened criminal, or at least I could’ve gotten into weed and/or hard drugs.

2 Likes

I love to be loved and adored.

4 Likes

There’s this guy who I once came across this year. He is good at expressing himself but I just freeze :pensive: so yeh had to call it quits

1 Like

It is frustrating when I feel love being given but can’t reciprocate. Very upsetting.

I think Rita ora does a good song on this it’s called why can’t I let you love me.

2 Likes

Here’s an appropriate song, I think:

1 Like

I receive love from my husband and I love him back. You may be having trouble accepting love, but we all need love. It’s a basic human necessity. So maybe get a therapist to work with on this. It’s really important

3 Likes

Love isn’t sexual, your friends, your family, etc can give you love.

1 Like

Drugs is horrible. I’m happy to see you were saved from the turmoil.

I became a heavy weed and cocaine user. I’d use other stuff, but nothing like those two.

In between lectures I would sniff just to be able to function.

In between nights I’d smoke just to eat and sleep.

It cost me a lot of time, and of course financially wrecked me. More importantly - it destroys your mental health when you’re psychosis prone.

The climb back has been sad and difficult, but I have to say: it is good to be in a nicer and more pleasant world. Because the street world is not nice.

2 Likes

I can’t accept love. I love to love others though.

1 Like

I get to accept love and then love is to strong. :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Some types of love I can accept. Other types I can’t.

1 Like

I love to be loved and adored too​:slightly_smiling_face::two_hearts::metal:t5:

Yes I can accept love and being loved I welcome.

I was hated and bullied as a child and teen but as a old adult who is sober things are so much better.
Life is better for me now.
I hated being younger.

2 Likes