Schizophrenia.com

Are you addicted to the internet?

Addiction is a strong word but i spend a LOT of time online. LOL I’m not sure if it’s a problem for me or just a fact of life. I’d rather be online than watch telelvision and luckily i can be online and watch television at the same time! :slight_smile: Anyone else?

3 Likes

yep. My friends are too. Last night, my high school buddies were having a get together, but they just drink and do drugs so my straight edge friend and I went to the gym and played video games and watched a tv show instead. I think that the internet can be used for just about anything, really. I download or netflix a movie when I hangout with my friends quite often.

2 Likes

I’m definitely addicted to the internet. I even have a blog which I don’t post too frequently on. I usually end up reading Huff Post stories. But now that I have found this forum, I’m becoming addicted to it too. It’s so nice to be around people where you don’t have to hide yourself so much. That was one of the things that I liked about being in a mental hospital too. The people there were understanding and not so judgmental.

3 Likes

I love the internet. It definitely makes the day go by a lot faster. It doesn’t have commercials and there is an infinite stream of information. I usually have the t.v. running in the background to provide some kind of noise.

2 Likes

Yes definitely. I spend most of my waking hours online.

1 Like

Yes, I am, I can’t really function without the internet or my laptop.

1 Like

Nah, I’m not addicted to the internet. That’s so 2007. LOL.

Sometimes I get addicted to my Samsung smart phone though. There is a game called Song Pop or something, that’s quite addictive. You have to guess the name of the song and you can play others who have the game installed either on a phone or through a desktop connection.

0 Likes

definitely. i’ve been plugged in since i got my first modem around 1994. It is my preferred method of socializing, i don’t really like face to face very often.

0 Likes

I watch shows on the internet and Itunes so I can avoid commercials. Plus then I can watch what I want when I want.

This is my first forum. I’m not the most tech savvy guy in the world.

1 Like

I always thought I was addicted to the Internet but when I ended up spending four months in a psychiatric hospital without access I realized that I wasn’t. That’s been a long time now, but I’m pretty sure that though I love the Internet and use it constantly, I’m not addicted.

0 Likes

I have a definite addiction

0 Likes

I used to be addicted to this site. It bothered me. Now I visit it just as much, but it doesn’t bother me. I don’t feel addicted. Am I still addicted?

0 Likes

Yup! I do a lot of research plus I love netflix: no commercials!!! Those trigger me horribly.

1 Like

I like this site, and I’d miss it if it were gone, but, the internet isn’t my king.
Somedays I don’t even realize the electricity has been out.

1 Like

Yes I’m DEFINITELY addicted to Internet. I’m either on my phone or x box or laptop. Plus all my games require Internet.

0 Likes