Are you a runner?

Good for you @rogueone. I was thinking about starting just running around the block too.

2 Likes

I may weigh over 300 lbs but I can still full sprint to the end of my block. I do it with my dog sometimes but lately I find just walking better because my shins and heart aren’t used to sprinting

3 Likes

I’ve taken my dog running @cigarino. She’s older now and I think it might be too much to take her running. Maybe a mile is ok.

2 Likes

I was on the track team in 9th grade for shotput and discus. Did lots of running for conditioning.

Would rather ride bike though now. My left knee isn’t what it used to be even after surgery to repair the meniscus.

2 Likes

Your heart may not be used to it now but if you start doing it more often your heart will adjust. Running is great for your health man!

4 Likes

Bike riding is a good idea. I like bike riding too. My husband and I just went on a long bike ride today.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum @librimo! Glad you found us

A few tips on things that confuse newbies:

Cake day is the anniversary date of when you joined.

The 1515 or other numbers at the end of peoples posts are because there’s a 15 character minimum to post. So people put 15s after until they get to the minimum characters to post.

To tag someone, put the @ followed by the name.

5 Likes

About twenty years ago or so I was a runner because Anders taught me how or encouraged me to.

He got me to jog.
Usually five km.

I did a five km running race called vårruset.

I tried jogging about three years ago but I felt sooooo heavy and slow and couldn’t do it.
I did it but it was so so difficult and so so heavy and so so slow and out of breath and uncomfortable.

I don’t jog after that experience.

If I wanted to jog it would take a long time to get fit enough for it to be more comfortable for me.

2 Likes

I have always jogged for exercise. I think my stamina is lower on aps.

1 Like

That’s great you jog @Rester. I understand @SacredNeigh7.

1 Like

Not a runner but I admire people who are. I wish I could like running as I love being out in nature. But I tend to stick to walking.

Running is great exercise! I think it’d be great if you got back into it. It’s really good for the heart and vascular system. Not so great for the knees though.

3 Likes

Walking is great. I was reading that it burns the same amount of calories per mile as running @bittercat.

1 Like

Really? I always figured since running was more effort it burned more calories. I’ll have to check that out. Maybe I’ll do some more walking haha.

1 Like

I used to walk all the time. I found it was the best way to train dogs, and I took care of many dogs. I ran as a teen, jumped hurdles, and played tennis. But I ended up breaking a chip off my knee at 21 or so. It’s been several surgeries since, and I still can’t run. Booo.

1 Like

I’m sorry you broke a chip off your knee @Happy_H.

1 Like

Never was a runner but I used to walk everywhere

2 Likes

Walking is great @Divergent.

2 Likes

I am not a runner
I used to do loads of walking I love fresh air and nature
I was always last at cross country

2 Likes

certainly not!

i smoke and hurt all over.

i have said before if im running you better run too.

2 Likes

@shellys12 thats great you used to walk.

Hanks for responding @Quehead.

1 Like