Are you a loner or very social?

probably one of my biggest fears I had to overcome is public speaking

but I think I’ve done it pretty well by now.

I remember going to Wrigley Field, and this older guy right beside me
was just great, we kept staring into each other’s faces, laughing, and living it up and giving big High 5’s.

Have you heard of toastmasters? I wanted to do it in college but I was so busy and stressed. My friend did it.

You seem pretty open and confident to me.

Im a hard core loner. Basically the rules of being a hard core loner as apposed to a regular loner is that i have to be antisocial af and like it! So far so good!

Bit of Both - Social as i frequent the bar alot - but loner as i hardly say much. Im the wierd guy that sits in the pub listening to other peoples conversations and laughing at them :smiley:

1 Like

How did you manage to make friends when your a loner?
You said at some points you don’t have friends,did you reconnect with your friends or did you make new one?

Through the years ive been in different schools/Environments some more easier to make friends…

Read about it now. Well ive performed With singing so that isnt hard for me.

Very social.
I’m quite involved in the gaming community, and I have made friends from all around the world from the time I was staff.
I just had a gaming session with the staff members just a few hours ago.

4 Likes

i would consider myself a loner…haven’t had a friend in over 10 yrs

1 Like

I have not had friends for 7 years now.

I am introverted anyway. I don’t mind being alone now. I feel I was wilfully mis-treated by people before, so now I am free of that it’s kind of a relief.

I was ghosted and ghosted back my ‘best’ friends and 7 years have now passed and that’s it. I guess that’s just the way it goes. I am honestly content and a proud person who spends some time with family.

4 Likes

Ive always been a loner

1 Like

i prefer to be alone a lot of the time

1 Like

I’m a loner I find it hard to find people that I can trust.

1 Like

Leave me alone with your questions!!! But I am an introvert to a degree that everyone around me thinks I hate people.

I am not a loner but I’m also not social.
I have a very hard time staying alone.

2 Likes

I’m a flip coin, at one time I was a popular extrovert. But now since my schizophrenia negative symptoms, I’m a introvert who can’t or won’t speak.

Feel free to chime in the video gaming thread! I hear there are loads of amazing Korean RPG’S. Usually we have to wait until they come overseas. I’ve also heard you guys have super fast internet! Lucky you.

In my youth pre schizophrenia I was fairly popular and extroverted. Over time I became an introvert and isolated a lot. These days I have a few good friends but sadly they all live over 100 miles a way at least. I don’t do much anymore. I did have a few friends in San Diego. I realized they were mostly smoking buddies and we stopped hanging out once I stopped smoking marijuana.

3 Likes

I have always enjoyed being a loner. I just have never felt the need to make small talk, i hate feeling odd or pressured to talk in social settings.

2 Likes

I was a staff moderator in a minecraft server! After I started experiencing symptoms of MD, I had to resign but was registered as a guide instead. I’ll chime in the video gaming thread! <3
@anon40653964 would you be able to link me to the video gaming thread? I can’t find it :frowning:

2 Likes