Are this kind of sweatpants OK for the city?

I’ll show you the pic of the sweatpants I like… But I doubt if they can be OK to wear in the city? Aren’t they way too sporty though? :thinking: Or maybe they are OK only for younger girls(I am 39)?
In all the shops here now in Sofia, all kinds of sweatpants arouse the shops… But I am a bit afraid, that they are a bit too sporty and not so presentable for the center city… Maybe I am wrong on that?
I like them a lot though… I just don’t want to look too loose lol… Also, they are a bit wide leg, while I am overweight…
Anyway, here they are, share your opinions pls, girls and boys :slightly_smiling_face: I am just still out of touch of how the world outside turns around now​:blush:

4 Likes

They look fine to me. Sweatpants really aren’t my style personally, but I think they would be just fine.

2 Likes

Maybe they lack totally a class, no? :thinking:
I like comfy clothes, but I wouldn’t like if this is too radical and the people will judge me as just a some kind of kitsch girl because of those…

1 Like

I live in the city. They look good to me! :+1:

2 Likes

Those are cool, @Anna1!

They’ll look great anywhere :+1:

3 Likes

Oh ok, cool, thank you girls :relaxed::relaxed::kissing_closed_eyes:
I know most of you are from USA and UK. Does these pants became trendy too in your respective countries just now? It’s some kind of one of the last trends or the sweatpants date from more time? Here in bulgaria, this one is quite new…

3 Likes

Yea, it’s called “athleisure”-- so a combination of “athletic” and “leisure” wear.

Very big in the States right now.

Anything comfortable and sporty is super in.

Personally, I think Adidas track pants are timeless. So cool!

4 Likes

I’m wearing those type of sweats right now except mine are a darker navy blue. They’re very comfy and warm. I wear them to go out for a walk. Gone to a 7Eleven wearing them and didn’t feel out of place.

4 Likes

I’m in Canada :canada: and everyone here on the West Coast is pretty laid back, fashion wise.

I think the most popular women’s bottoms are probably Lululemon yoga pants

3 Likes

If it’s on trend where you live and it’s a style that’s in the shops, I’d say that it’s a pretty safe bet. I think that they look cute! I am not sure what you mean by city center, I wouldn’t wear them to an office job or a nice restaurant, but for running errands, going about town, they look perfectly fine to me.

I’m 41 and I still basically dress like I did in my late teens/early 20’s, more or less. I get the impression from other people I know and from what I’ve seen that a lot of people in our age group don’t dress “middle aged.” And clothing in general is just more casual now for a lot of people. I remember when having an office job meant wearing pantyhose. Ugh.

2 Likes

They look great @Anna1
I think I’ll order some sweat pants for myself!

2 Likes

Cool, dear!!! :slightly_smiling_face: yeap, I like precisely this color. Lately, I want more to look sweet lol… Yeap, I am irrational still though, but I’ll use them mainly for my neighborhood walks or the food shops… they seem to me a bit kitschy though, as I’ve said it, but they are fun too :blush:
Go for them too, wave, yeap :grinning::grinning: they are trendy here too now. OK, I am overweight too and the baggy style is not the best for me, but I’ll try to find ones who are fitter on me…

2 Likes

I have the same in dark blue and in black.

2 Likes

I always wear Adidas sweatpants, once I got kicked out from church for wearing them. They said I am disrespecting God lol

1 Like

I think you’ll fit right in!

1 Like

I just ordered sweatpants for myself!
Jeans don’t fit me so well anymore.
They keep falling down on me! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Hopefully the sweatpants will be more comfortable than the jeans.

1 Like

@Wave , I know from personal experience that when you get heavy, your jeans won’t stay up anymore.

2 Likes

@Anna1

I’m struggling with this a bit right now myself. I’ve been dyeing my hair dark pink for so long that it feels like my natural hair color now, but now that I’m recognizing my mental health issues I’m starting to feel like, ugh, am I just waving a red flag that I’m mentally ill?

But at the same time, I’ve gotten so many compliments on it from ALL sorts of people over the years, and it’s something that I genuinely enjoy. And I can have a mental illness and still have a personality. I don’t know, I don’t want to start purposefully dressing down just to blend into what I think I “should” look like, I want to wear things that make me feel good about myself. But am I advertising that I’m mentally ill by doing that? Should I wear things that don’t make me feel good about myself in order to blend in more? It’s a puzzle.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.