Are there any musicians you think are really dark but everyone else thinks aren't?

That lady scared me. Karen carpenter. She was really depressed sounding.

2 Likes

Waste of paint is a great song & lover I don’t have to love :heart:

1 Like

My Favorite Lyric In The Universe Is Off Of, ‘Four Winds’.

‘The Bible’s Blind, The Torahs Deaf, The Quran Is Mute, If You Burn Them Altogether You get Close To The Truth’. That One Kinda Evolved Throughout My Years. It Changed Shape And Meaning As I Grew Older.

And His ‘To Love And Be Loved’, Another One.

And Two More!.

Cool Guy Though. . . . . . .

2 Likes

I’ve popped four winds on my Spotify now (:

Imagine being near the top of the music scene and having hit after hit and succeeding beyond your wildest dreams. But at the same time you’re suffering from an eating disorder that you’re trying to hide from the whole world which eventually killed her. I can understand why she would be depressed.

4 Likes

Gotta Admit…,

‘Four Winds…, Blowin Through Her Hair’.

Really Poetic During What Seems Like A Effortlessly Serious Storm In The Background.

Like The Curse Of A Graveyard Upon The Listeners.

1 Like

I have very distant memories of my mom and aunts being sad over Karen Carpenter’s passing.

She definitely had some demons, but was extremely talented and left behind some haunting and amazing music.

2 Likes

this song is pretty dark imo. jazz has those occasional songs that make u think

3 Likes

The dark side of being a Beatle when they were touring in America was that they started getting death threats.

2 Likes

I know nick. Maybe it was sadness that I hear.

2 Likes

Did you ever that documentary that came out about Lennon and the FBI? I found it fascinating.

2 Likes

I feel so sad for Katherine Carpenter. I nearly died from anorexia.

It is an addictive, lonely and seriously exhaustive disease.

So sad.

I still believe that she really enjoyed singing though so maybe the actual singing itself wasn’t dark. But the lifestyle was very very dark.

3 Likes

Hugs to you.

My heart goes out to anyone struggling with anorexia.

Please stay alive.

We need you. :heart:

3 Likes

Her voice is so so beautiful

3 Likes

Thankyou beetle bug :slight_smile:

Hugs))))

2 Likes

I never saw that but I know our government was trying to deport him. He eventually won his citizenship.

2 Likes

Ironically, if they had deported John Lennon he might still be alive today.

2 Likes

Yeah! It’s bizarre to think about all the variables in life isn’t it?

I was listening to Unplugged by Nirvana yesterday pondering what the world would be like if Kurt Cobain was still alive.

Hell, I even ponder what my life would’ve been like if I stayed in the Air Force and got schizophrenia.

2 Likes

Yeah, there’s a lot of “What if’s?” In life. I was a pretty high functioning addict but sometimes I wonder what I could have accomplished if I had never spent four years addicted to crack in my twenties.

1 Like

Yeah. I heard he beat his wife

1 Like