Are schzipherenics very smart

I used to be smart.
It’s been a rapid decline.
Today I am dazed and much slower.
Sometimes it feels as if I’m living with Dementia.

1 Like

I think our level of intelligence varies as much as in the general population.
I was one of the smartest kids in my sixth grade class. My friends always used to copy my papers. (I let them). They weren’t dumb, they just wanted to focus more on breaking into houses and fighting than schoolwork. Eventually they sucked me in and I got inside a few strangers houses with them too and later got into drugs and alcohol. Never was good at the fighting though. It didn’t stop me from doing things or going places though.

im not as sharp as i used to be for sure

1 Like

I’m dazed and confused. Gotta a whole lotta paranoia.

1 Like

I dunno. My dad bought 4 new tires for $1500 for his 1970’s Cadillac. I borrowed it one day and drove across town in it and traded all four wheels off my dads car to a drug dealer for 4 pieces of crack for the worn tires on the dealers car. So I got home with four different rims with four beat up tires and hoped my dad wouldn’t notice.

Not schizophrenic. I often describe myself as too smart to be really dumb and too dumb to be really smart. I guess it all comes out as mediocre to middling.

I’m cleverest schizophrenic I know.

1 Like

I only know myself though

1 Like

In terms of schizophrenic intelligence this forum is probably an outlier .

No. That is not the case. When a person’s mind is not working in a normal manner, due to a psychiatric illness like bipolar disorder or schizophrenia, his or her intellect is also affected, regardless of whether it is affected all the time or only part of the time.

This disorder has a lot of variability. Some patients spend their entire life in institutions while others live a relatively normal life with occasional exacerbations of schizophrenia. Their IQ can be high, low or average.

im a shy genius…

1 Like

I think measuring intelligence is kinda all relative.

What one person considers “smart” another person might consider “dumb.”

And it can work the other way around too.

That being said, I’ve met quite a few very intelligent schizophrenics and peoples with sza.

I was trying to find this Einstein quote about ignorance. I think it basically said he didn’t believe in it.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.