Are schzipherenics very smart

It is a stereotype, smart schizophrenics would have been even smarter if they didn’t have it.

4 Likes

Anybody coping to any extent with this disease is either a smart cookie or a prize fighter.

3 Likes

Na I’m pretty stupid

:roll_eyes:

Yea I’m very average

1 Like

I would love to say I’m smart but the conditions I live under say otherwise.

I was a bit brighter before I got ill, at least that was my impression. A few years after the onset of major depression, I began having trouble reading that I’d never had before. Everyone ignored my complaints, pretty much, until I ended up having an episode and hospitalized.

We might appear smarter in reality if we actually left the house more but I know how tough that can be.

1 Like

I know I’m not very intelligent. :stuck_out_tongue:

I would say the level of intelligence varies just like any other human being.

7 Likes

people have always treated me like I was really stupid. even though I have a bachelor of science degree in a difficult area. I had a Stanford Binet IQ test a couple years ago, because they lie about me all the time. it said I was in the top 2.66% of the population. but one of the perverts harassing me all the time, knew I was taking the test and harassed me the whole time. I think I could have been in the top 2%, which qualifies you for Mensa, if the pervert would have left me alone, because I was hurrying.

1 Like

No, it is tottaly propaganda of the medicine. Beautifull mind, Churchil was deppresed and so on.
Really in the hospital people really ■■■■■■ up, me too. So stop believing in fairy tailes and drinik the fucken pills.

Most sz’s/sza’s are not very smart because they have cognitive deficits. As I do. My IQ is just average. Before I got this illness, I was pretty smart.

1 Like

Compared to…? Humes find value in the oddest of things.

I suffered a 20 point decline.

2 Likes

Im not as smart as my bunnies

1 Like

Im suspicious people have abilities I lack ( mainly that I can’t guard my thoughts from others), so I feel very stupid at times. But then pdoc’s and nurses think I may have Asperger’s too. When I asked why they said it’s because of my dameanor and intellect. But I’m suspicious people want me to think I’m smart so I look like a fool. But im smart enough to know that I could be wrong and that what I said is paranoia/a delusion. Im always in a limbo state. I told someone that sz will either make me a blabbering fool or make me fairly wise. Idk.

2 Likes

Schizophrenia usually causes a decline in IQ, around one standard deviation (20 points). I used to have a 147 IQ, now it’s 126. Brain inflammation sucks.

3 Likes

That. That’s the cold reality of all this.

no, we have cognitive impairment. those with insight can recognize this, those without live in blissful ignorance.