Are preworkouts safe with AP?

I take Haldol 10mg, trying to lose weight, but i need some energy for workouts, are preworkouts safe when taking APs.

Watch out for extra supplements. I guess caffeine-based supplements are OK, but you’ll get dependent on them.

1 Like

There is a good chance the Haldol will block the lift you get from the supplement. That’s what would happen with me. However, people can react to the same med. differently. At any rate, I would be careful about mixing any over the counter drug with the psychotropic med’s we have to take. Talk to your pdoc about it.

1 Like

haldol blocks the effects so its pointless to take a preworkout.

why would say haldol would block the lift from the preworkout, what does haldol do to block it.

I drink a bcaa/pre-workout almost every morning and I have no extra issues. I also sometimes drink a Bang energy drink, which is a pretty caffeinated potent pre-workout, and I have no issues from that either, even though it has 300mg of caffeine. But, you really should talk to your doctor about it first, as they know more.

2 Likes

what ap do you take and do you feel the effect from the preworkout. crimby says that haldol might block the feeling from the preworkout making preworkout useless. so how do i get energy for my workout if the preworkout does get me hype up. Of course ill talk to my doctor too.

1 Like

I take risperdal, but switching to Vraylar at the moment. And yes, I still very much feel the effects of caffeine. To be honest, if the caffeine is nullified by the antipsychotics, then try to talk to your doctor about another stimulant to help you with workouts. I’m in the same boat, though, as I’m trying to lose weight during workouts, so I’m definitely using caffeine to my advantage.

1 Like

im trying to find a an article on the internet on preworkouts and aps nothing. thanks for responding, i took the preworkout i feel that is nuffilied also from the ap im taking. I’ll see what my psy doc says.
ll

1 Like