Are people on social media who post exciting pics and videos really happy?

Sometimes I envy other people who dont have sz and maybe have a better life than me on social media. I feel like they have little to no problems in their life.

1 Like

I think social media paints a false picture of people’s lives because everybody puts the best pictures of themselves and things like that. Everybody has problems of some sort. They just don’t always want the world to see that about themselves.

11 Likes

I totally agree with @disciple

1 Like

Social media is not a flexing competition. The cool kids use it just to keep in touch with the other cool kids. When they get older they use it to promote themselves and make money…get jobs…

It can be pretty phony if you ask me.
No one has a perfect life.

Social media is either a highlight reel or the pain olympics. Seems like there’s no middle ground.

2 Likes

I keep my posts to funny or meaningful sayings or “where is arl now?” Which is a photo of a place i went to and people can guess. Ì have under 100 people on my fb and it is very closed to people who aren’t my fb friends. Some people hang out all their dirty underwear. Ì don’t like that

1 Like

Well sz forum is social media, probably the best social media can be.

I generally don’t post about my problems on Facebook because my problems are MY problems. Don’t need to air my dirty laundry and no one like someone who is always a sour puss.

And I also like sharing cat memes, so there’s that too.

:blush:

1 Like

I’ve been away from this place (forum) for many months and came back tonight because I felt lonely and wanted the company of people with schiz / that really understand me like no one else can… Like healthy people on FB can’t.

1 Like

Totally agree with you. FB just shows the shiny side that people want to project out there

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.