Schizophrenia.com

Are negative and cognitive symptoms off meds permanent brain damage?

I think everyone should just stop micro-analysing every symptom, from the colour of their pee - to how they may have a “negative” symptom just cos they ruddy felt flat one morning.

Honestly - this site lately has become a flaming haven for hypochondriacs.

2 Likes

There’s mean reaction time and there’s RTSD. Your RTSD would place you in 24th position. Given that includes some exceptionally intelligent persons, that’s a highly commendable effort. You did well too Bowens.

1 Like

They will be reversed. It is not a question of if, but it is only a matter of time.

The world directed itself towards the covid pandemic and found a vaccine within no time. All it needs is a concerted effort.

Imagine if all the people with psychosis were cured. It would mean about1 percent of people re-enter the work force. It would lead to an economic boom. But, the governments don’t think about that, they think the converse, anything that makes a contraction avoidable is more preferable than what may foster an economic boom. It is a question of will. They spend so much on health insurance (they cover medications for psychosis which may cost more than 100 dollars a day), but only if they directed that much money and effort towards a cure for psychosis.

1 Like

i agree with u.

there’s too much analysis going on

many are not sure if what they have r negative symptoms or something else

1 Like

in my understanding negative and cognitive symptom is body’s natural defence mechanism to counter the positive symptoms. anti psychotic drugs do the same thing too.

imagine if there is no negative and cognitive symptom of any kind then these positive symptoms either paranoid thinking. hallucinations, delusions etc come in full swing making the individual go out of control.

1 Like

are u on any meds?

1 Like

The past 15ish years I was on olanzapine (40mg) but I quit that. 2 years ago I switched to Lurasidone(Latuda) 60mg. Starting 2 days ago I am taking clonazepam again (2mg). I was on clonazepam for about 13 months but went off it a year ago, now I am going back on it to help me sleep. I’ve also been taking gabapentin/zopiclone for sleep for a number of months, but the clonazepam is to replace that. I also take metformin/forxiga/crestor for side effects from my psych meds.

1 Like

I’m not sure brain damage can be reversed.

2 Likes

Omega 3 fish oil seem to improve negative and cognitive symptoms but as I said before it can slightly worsen positive symptoms too especially anxiety and agitation.

1 Like

Hmm. . .

I Personally Don’t Speak Technical Medical Terms, I Am Heart, Aura, Shadow, With Circuits of Energy.

1 Like

@pr21 do you do excercise…???

yes weight lifting once or twice a week.

1 Like

One Omega 3 fish oil capsule makes my whole body feel like it is burning up, it is very discomforting.

Odd thing is I can eat as much fish as I want and I am fine. I love halibut!

1 Like

may be its due to specific omega 3 brand. try changing brand. now foods omega 3 is a good one.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.