Are Hospitals Scary?

I think that sign is telling the hospital to be quiet.
QUIET! You damn hospital!

2 Likes

Thank you for asking this! I was at a ā€œcrisis centerā€ one time, which from what everyone is saying seems to have been about the same thing. I was really worried about this but I never thought to ask here for some reasonā€¦

risperal is wonderful exept its gained me 70 pounds I currently quit takeing it

My mom was a well known activist and multiple sources believe she was targeted and hospitalized, and that my breakdown was a happy coincidence which led them to zero in on me. I also have been told that people think my mom was tortured in Federal Prison, where she went for her last protest. Sheā€™s one of the SOA16 thatā€™s all over the news and internet in 2006. If you look her up you will find passionate writings about her firm stance against torture, the war in Iraq. In the hospital I was asked my stance on the war in Iraq. I was careful with my words.

Welcome to the family. I think you know some of this but it doesnā€™t hurt to give you the intro.

I have been psych hospitalized twice. Once I was mistreated by the staff but second time, I figured out the key to getting released quickly ā€“ talk the head off the nurses and doctor on anything. You need to act sociable enough with the patients tooā€¦

Act quiet, even cooperative/calm and you can get mistreatedā€¦I had 8 staffers jump on me when calm/quiet and quietly suffering PTSD-- they tried to ripp off my clothing without discussing the treatment of administering psych shots. I went ballistic & popped nurses upside the head bad enough to rupture ear-drums. That got me rubber roomed, psych hold for forced mental care & caused major depressive episode that got my health insurance canceled/got me banned for pre-existing condition & I had never had psych treatment prior to 4 months before. This was male doctorā€™s approach but female doctor was placed on my case & I got treated okay after 3 weeks.

Please google Gang/Cause stalking. You need to know a lot of the closet psychotics act this way to new psychosis cases. You need to know this to be okay. Some of the churches even teach their parishioners to mistreat people on disability checks (pentacostal churches/non-demoninational mega churches)ā€¦

Example of trash behavior from closet nuts. This behavior was EVERYWHERE in big city as very few got ssdi check:
I was placed in the hospital last year because of a fall with fractured vertibrae, ribs & legs. This was really minor injuries considering my accident but spent 2 weeks in hospital. The respiratory therapist refused to give me the sleep meds I had become addicted to using. Ambien does thisā€¦I had to throw a fit and say I was on disability for this problem so you are going to give me my meds. I was calm, cool and collected up to this point. Doctor finally agreed and relented. Across the hall, I got to listen to an old man yelling, ā€˜your kind arenā€™t supposed to be in this hospitalā€™. ā€˜I refuse to hear this.ā€™ ā€˜Get me out of hereā€™ā€¦He yelled for 3 days. I finally told the man to shut up because he knew what crazy was and Iā€™ve had to hear it (voices) for 10 years now without any relief, so non-stop voices, so he could quit being a p----y. The doctor shut the door on every other consult with me following but I had the nurses down the fall at the nurses station yelling crazy stuff the rest of my stay. Thank goodness it was only 2 more days of this crapā€¦Otherwise, care was fantastic.

Another example of cause stalking:
I moved to poorer neighborhood in new city, I had group of 8 teenagers surround me and harass me about ā€˜being on the checkā€™ three times while I was out in public alone. Actually, I lived in wealthier area for a while prior and the middle class kids with parents who paid their bills were crazier. The poor folks were closer to the edge so had more to loseā€¦ I didnā€™t stay in this city long, the younger set of workers in 20-30s were really nutty at work instead of workingā€¦I got harassed by coworker who said I needed to be working at McDonalds because ā€˜he didnā€™t want to deal with thisā€™ in an officeā€¦he started to threaten to turn me into the govt to get SSDI check canceled. I was already in almost minimum wage job. Wasnā€™t that enough?
I refused to deal with it and moved, unhealthy people/city. I got shared place elsewhere & left on credit cards

You know, I got through college working/paying own way & supported self with full-time work for several years before this got me. It is possible to work in good jobs and not learn all this before 30 if you donā€™t get out muchā€¦

I met a woman who was incest victim and bragging about driving friends nutsā€¦She introduced us to family sex abuser immediately, tried to scare us which caused PTSD in people living alone because story was not retold, then she let her abuser lose on the other victims. Woman got some friends hurt badly on vacations with herā€¦Other former friends are now doing gang stalking behaviors which go to the next level and is way some people try to be okay ā€“ they will trespass, vandalize possessions, these will ruin coworkers/work of customers and they will date specific person with intention of harm by battery, cheating or finances to ruin. If you have this happen, all the stories return at once when the PTSD lifts and causes nervous breakdown the psych doctors or therapists really do not treat. The mental care refuses to admit the gang/cause stalking happens calling this delusionalā€¦this causes confused patients to go insane. This is policy even though it is unethicalā€¦Expect no assistance from the mental care to deal with these ā€˜social problemsā€™ but see the 1.5 million hits for these terms on Google & understandā€¦IF YOU HAVE A STORY LIKE THIS, YOU NEED TO CUT TIES WITH THE BUNCH & ALL YOU MET THROUGH THEM. You will probably get stalked or vandalized, unless you get pictures you should not report this to cops or you will get forced psych evaluation. If you get enough evidence to get a restraining order on the trespassers who may even be psychotic strangers to you, the piece of paper is usually worthless. If you are stalked, some of these nuts will want you to tell them verbally to leave you alone thank you. Do not return phone calls, emails or textsā€¦If you do this, sometimes the voices stop after 2-3 years if you remain low-key about this bunch and just work.

The cause/gang stalking is called thought broadcasting by the mental care & not-self-directed means someone follows orders from voicesā€¦This is delusional according to mental care which just means they refuse to discuss it. Sometimes the mental care & staff will act this way toward patients to play with their headā€¦If you complain too much to your mental care, sometimes the gang stalking gets so bad you are driven from a home so do not think of this ā€˜care teamā€™ as anything but business.

IF your mental care tells you the PTSD is ā€˜false memoriesā€™ implying that you can return to this bunch of abusers, you likely will suffer repeated psychotic episodes and possible suffer some very bad physical or sexual abuseā€¦Some of the mental care then ruined the credibility of victims so no charges could be filed on sexual assaults. Do consider changing psych doctors if you doctor ever uses the term ā€˜false memoriesā€™.

Please return to old friends through Facebook who you know were okay.

Sometimes the psychosis happens to ex-wives of wealthy men as revenge for a divorce, crazy is a product. Unwilling mistresses are frequently a target and even middle class men can sometimes manage to ruin a coworker to get a relationship up to marriageā€¦Shocking but trueā€¦These kind usually own the workplace too somewhat due to their history of abuseā€¦Business and college rivals sometimes go crazy to get them out of the way of the competition tooā€¦

DO NOT TALK ALOUD TO YOURSELF. I would never follow the orders of the voices or the demands will get worse, illegal or at least bad enough to get you fired from work. It is not worth it in my opinionā€¦

Thought insertion is artificial hijacking of your internal voice. A word or phrase is repeated that is not related to your current activities or train of thought. You should ignore it. It is the sick joke. It is like song stuck in your head which can play music to be VERY disruptiveā€¦ Some older folks and kids will not realize this is happening & sound like they are possessed. This has gotten some kids especially hurt but some churches persist in allowing pagan beliefs because it brings in the money from the poorestā€¦ Correcting these folks is abusive, just ignore them. They canā€™t help itā€¦This can happen with senile & alzheimers people tooā€¦Worse, they get combative because they lost it but thatā€™s another storyā€¦

Some people who have trespassing incidents will have all their electronic possessions quit at once repeatedly. Actually, trash taken to drop it around the house or even ruin any belongings does happenā€¦It is best to live with basic possessions & just keep it in the bank when this happens or it will ruin you financially. If you are having the trespassing, changing locks will not help EVER unless itā€™s broken. Illegal keys can be obtained in a few days from any source of lock change ā€“ hardware store, locksmith, almost anything. If someone wants in, it wonā€™t stop themā€¦Burglar alarms are uselessā€¦You have no privacy for the PIN, donā€™t botherā€¦Some people have some money stolen from banks or fraudulent credit card transactionsā€¦This happens in the beginningā€¦Track your accounts to make sure nothing walks away. There really is no way to end the thefts of small amounts of bank accounts except switching banksā€¦Keeping money in the house with ā€˜envelopeā€™ spending system is now resulting in theft. You also need to keep RX glasses on you as this is frequently way to torture a poor personā€¦At $400 a pop and not covered by most Medicaid or Medicare, OUCH! I was told if you use your computer for income generating purposes, it will not quitā€¦Someone in California was sued for ruining work equipment. I have no way to verify this. You need to know how to replace computer hard drives to even use a computer IMHO. I had female friends who had an unwanted sexual advance at time of psychosisā€¦these ladies were dating a nice guy and they were trespassed. These ladies married good guy or shacked up, kept working (dealt with sexual harassment problem at work whose problem was tolerated by management by moving departments, then leaving town even) but both eventually had successful careers, family, nice place and left alone except for infrequent reminders of harassment by crazy people.

Some of the professors are bullies in college or even high school. These WILL try sexual harassment even without ALMOST no protection for victims. In Kansas/Missouri, an instructor was sued for mistreating a mentally ill patient. Court ruled she needed to be registered with Disability Support Services at the college so she would be protected. To use this service, she needed to have documentation from the psych doctor. In some cities, the psych doctors will totally ruin the credibility of the patient (had this happen 3 times personally) so the school would contact the psych doctor for a special appointment if the student had any complaintsā€¦If you get student loans and you are bullied out, you have to repay this money immediately. ACLU has no interest in this because the attorneys running it are living it up being scum bags in personal life & couldnā€™t care lessā€¦ I highly recommend you try taking 2-3 classes at the college and pay cash before you jump in with loans because even if you are feeling okay, scum will still ruin it. Online degrees are a relief but some of the IT instructors will even knowingly send out virusesā€¦

Many people think they would be better off working. This is a topic of harassment by the trailer park poor set who are still having babies on medicaid while their church is telling them they are Godly walking around town in dresses all the time. Many times, better employed people are ruined by the mental care and it does take a while to find another employer who will treat you right & time to get your symptoms to stop. If you are fired from an employer due to wrongful termination or ruined by a psychotic coworker (sexual harassment is common), your unemployment will be denied and it can be hard to sue. It is very hip with the management set to terminate a person on medical leave for any problem that occurred before the leave like lots of absences though this can be protected by FMLA if you ask DR for a note & you talk to HR at work for correct paperwork. This is another way to screw you out of there too. Do not discuss any of the personal problems that ever caused your nervous break or symptoms, EVER. You can work on disability payments but each situation is different for SSI/SSDI so you need to be informed before trying this as you will ruin into crazy people at work which may trip you up if you let the SSDI check stop. You should NEVER discuss your diagnosis at work EVER, just any accommodations or changes to work environment you may need to function at this job like a consistent schedule, little public contact, work from home due to crazy coworkers, etcā€¦I recommend you carry a tape recorder at work to catch any inappropriate stuff or harassment. If you wish to get disability payments, I recommend you get an attorney to helpā€¦It takes 2-3 tries and only the people who could live with money in savings or retirement can usually survive the attempt to get disability payments, the poor take another job & live with it.

You are okay taking the psych meds for a while at leastā€¦You are better offā€¦YOu need to calm down. Seroquel is a lovely drug at 50 mg-300mg at bedtime to make you drowsy enough to rest as you will probably suffer some insomnia, depression & mania for a little while, it is normal. This is the worldā€¦The crappy side of things is kept quiet as a dirty joke & used for sadism & profiteering. The psych care will tell you that you need to take the pills for the rest of your life evenā€¦

Try the world as you canā€¦If you have a roof over your head, food and access to the demanded health care, you have safety and you can test the waters as you need. The poorest get a job of any kind and work at whatever, put name on list for Section-8 (30% housing) and wait 3-4 yearsā€¦Please avoid getting pregnant as this will really stress you except you can get 50% more social security disability payments if you do get kids. NO one will tell you this. If you are under 22 years of age when you were first treated for mental care, you will use your parentsā€™ work history to determine your disability payments. Some states will allow you to buy medicaid coverage if you get disability payments and you workā€¦no one will tell you this either.

Last note on mental care provider, you can NEVER show any anger or you will be mental hospitalized at your own expense for an ā€˜attitude adjustmentā€™. It can even be difficult to be assertive with some of the mental careā€¦Too much complaining to other care will get you gang stalked. Some therapists lie to patients, talk over them, threaten them and call them names so ā€¦ If care is not helping, consider going down the road to another doctor. Just cancel appointment with previous care & ask new doctor to order medical records.

Humans really are the super-predators. We had to use the higher intelligence for something, right? The bible said we would destroy ourselves. There is nothing to worry about there IMHO until a bunch of people are beamed off the planet and only their clothing is left behind (according to Revelations in bible)ā€¦Treat people right, support yourself as you can, understand you are in for a rough patch for a while & do not be angry with yourself and avoid whatever seems to cause your symptoms to worsen if it is related to a group of peopleā€¦Have hope.

If you are in need of assistance, the homeless shelter or government mental health clinic may be able to help but people try finding a friend to crash with instead as the residents/employees will frequently gang stalk a newby into sleeping under the bridge. I think you are probably safe if you are using this forum to discuss it allā€¦

Invega and Resperidal are very similar in chemical composition. If you have success with Resperidal, you will probably have success with Invega. Invega is good for reducing anger.

At points in time the only reason medication was being justified was because my mother has been psychotic for years. My psychiatrist told me thereā€™s nothing that can be done for my mom and that itā€™s not my problem.

Invega didnā€™t make a difference. I noticed no difference off it then on it at all.

I gave up on attempting to get SSDI. I probably could get it but Iā€™m told that I canā€™t work or be helped out when Iā€™m on disability by family members. I want to have a job Iā€™m just so ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  tired and stressed.

I canā€™t even find a reason to want to exist much anymore other than myself and I donā€™t fit in with everyone else. People tear me down and make me feel helpless.

Post25,

thanks for the insightful reply and support. I am doing very well though. I have friends and contacts, Iā€™m a good self advocate and I handle the stress well when it arises. Iā€™ve decided because itā€™s prob true that I should apply again for disability because I donā€™t need it. I mean itā€™s been a decision Iā€™ve been thinking because in a year I wonā€™t be on my familyā€™s health insurance and I have no income. So Iā€™m not sure how to approach this other than finding a really good job soon.

You kinda sound depressed. I hope you feel better. SSD helped me regain stability and find my way again. I think I am now ready to re-enter the work force. So, it helps.

Just take care of you. I hope your mom is okay :slight_smile: xx

1 Like

Thanku! My mom is doing fairly well the past few days. She seems in good spirits. I lost my disability letter that I applied for through a lawyer, so Idk what to do. But eventually I may apply. My dad is discouraging it.

What reasons does your dad give you? Disability is useful. Use it to help you. You have to figure out what you want to do. I donā€™t want to stay on disability but I have been on it for 3 years. Iā€™m ready to work. Iā€™m going down the the Social Security office and will talk to them about rejoining.