Are heatwaves harmful to mental health?

“The antipsychotics which we use in schizophrenia and bipolar, they can actually have an impact on people’s perception of thirst,” says Wainwright. “The body has a very good way of telling us when we’re thirsty, [but] when we’re taking these medications, that can be impacted – and during a heatwave that obviously poses problems for heat-related illnesses.”

4 Likes

I’m not coping very well with the heat. I feel trapped. N like I can’t breathe fluently although I am…

5 Likes

I have a harder time breathing in the heat.

5 Likes

I’m really sorry to hear that Aziz…

2 Likes

Also the heat can be very stressful…same way winter is bad for sz I think extreme heat can be as well. I feel I do better in medium weather.

I don’t mean to be negative just saying haha summer is awesome

3 Likes

Look I’m not even joking this is my natural state of me right now.

Purely sweat :face_vomiting:

3 Likes

I don’t understand why they don’t have AC in the UK. I mean Canada is much colder than the UK and we do have AC. Another thing I hated about europe is that their windows don’t have a filter for insects and flies. When I was in Germany I had to open the window as it was too hot and my room was full of butterflies, flies, mosquitos, bees etc

1 Like

We must be a bunch of idiots. Lol I’m just kidding… I don’t know why :confused:

1 Like

i read that too much direct sunlight can make you manic.

2 Likes

Also when I was in Netherlands at family, they told me they pay for water and there is a limit for electricity and water use. Here there is no limit and water is free. Electricity is one of the cheapest here. Lol I think my acquintances there in Netherlands were mad at me as I used too much water in the shower.

1 Like

I know that too much sun can make you lose consciousness. It happened to me in the middle east.

1 Like

i would go nuts without ac. i had one summer with no ac and multiple 100 degrees f days plus high humidity. i would sweat so much i was dripping from every part of my body especially my face and my clothes looked like i went swimming in them. had to sit in front of a fan most of the day. dont think i could go through that again it sucked

1 Like

In the middle east no one walks outside, the streets are empty, between 11:30-3pm as the sun and heat is too much and can make you pass out.

1 Like

i fainted one super sunny pre-sz day in the doorway of a steak and shake restaurant. it was an odd day my nose was bleeding like an hour earlier and when i fainted it was so inconvenient. ive fainted alot of times in my life mostly from standing up blood pressure dropping. for some reason the past year or two it never happens anymore

1 Like

Last time I fainted was in 2006, last time I visited the middle east. I was with the scout walking on a mountain under the sun and I lost consciousness everything was black and I collapsed on the ground. When I wokeup I was surrounded by the scout members and my cousin who was also in the scout was throwing cold water on my face and slapping me. It was scary.

1 Like

I was going to the sauna everyday for like an hour b4 i got schizophrenia. Sometimes i wonder if me going to the sauna caused it. I was also smoking weed everyday and the police say i got schizophrenia from smoking weed. They said theyve seen it happen plenty of times b4.

1 Like

I like the super hot heat. Makes me feel like I am back overseas. :frog::frog::frog:

3 Likes