Are anger issues positive symptoms?

I am not lucky I guess, not in the majority.

1 Like

IMO the drugs can cause behavioral issues. They are said to correct the brain, but I think it’s just as likely that it imbalances it, maybe a little of both. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pro med, but this is reality. I guess this isn’t something to think about though, if you always had anger issues.

1 Like

I don’t have anger issues now on 6mg risperidone but i hate meds, i wanna stop them or go back to 10mg abilify but i am afraid anger issues will come back

1 Like

You may need to talk to your doctor about adding a mood stabilizer.

Then see if he agrees to lower your Risperdal

1 Like

I asked him as i thought the anger issues were bipolar but he said no its the sz and that lithium will not help. I want to buy lithium supplement from the US but its illegal here in Canada.

1 Like

Lithium supplement isn’t the same thing.

1 Like

Anger usually is not common with schizophrenia unless psychosis is involved but anger and even rage is commonly seen with bipolar symptoms

1 Like

He already okd me to go down to 3mg on my own but everytime i tried anger issues came back.

In the uk historically clopixol was prescribed to aggressive patients

1 Like

I read in studies that risperidone and clozapine are used in prisons to reduce aggression. Also risperidone is used in autism and adhd to reduce aggression.

1 Like

This. My dad’s ex gfs son was like that and medicated as such

1 Like

My aggression in public happens when I hear people talking sH*t about me, accusing me of things, and it can be hard to control my reactions.

Same when I was living with my mom,

Also anxiety fear can cause me to be snappy and agitated around my spouse.

1 Like

Aziz I really agree with you that anger issues are a positive symptom of our illness and can be managed with an increase in antipsychotics.
Lately when I lowered my qutiapine dose to 750 mg I got somewhat irritable so I got up to 800 mg again and everything was good again.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.